Thread: Being a uker influences how you see the world

Default Being a uker influences how you see the world

I was watching an episode of the Twilight Zone recently and in it was a scene where someone was knocking on a character's apartment door. Looking at the door I couldn't help but notice the striking curl of the wood grain and immediately thought of how it would make a BEAUTIFUL ukulele!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

I see chord patterns and scale diagrams wherever I look. When you drive behind semi-trucks at night their lights are composed of many little lights. And those lights (or lack thereof) form shapes we know. Sometimes I look and think "that's a G9" or "is that the Overtone scale?"

I love a very figured grain pattern on instruments, and not to dash your impression of that wood grain, but most of the time the grain is hand painted by a set painter. I was a propman in the movie studios for over 30 years.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I passed a job into the factory a couple of days ago with the job number 0202. I immediately thought Em7.
    Ukuleles owned:-
    Laka VUC50 Soprano
    Laka LK-JBC Joe Brown Concert
    Rubin RS101 Zebrawood Soprano
    Barnes & Mullins UBJ1 Concert Banjolele
    Sinye YA26 Mahogany Tenor

My wife is also getting a bit fed up with me saying "ukulele" every time I hear one in a TV advertisement.
    Ukuleles owned:-
    Laka VUC50 Soprano
    Laka LK-JBC Joe Brown Concert
    Rubin RS101 Zebrawood Soprano
    Barnes & Mullins UBJ1 Concert Banjolele
    Sinye YA26 Mahogany Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by The Pashmeister View Post
    I passed a job into the factory a couple of days ago with the job number 0202. I immediately thought Em7.
    I didn't recognize the behavior in the previous comments in myself but I definitely have this. There are so many four digit numbers that immediately remind me of ukulele chords. Help...

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    I love a very figured grain pattern on instruments, and not to dash your impression of that wood grain, but most of the time the grain is hand painted by a set painter. I was a propman in the movie studios for over 30 years.
    If that door was painted then it was a truly masterful work! I'm inclined to believe that it was real because it seemed like it would be such a meticulous and work intensive detail for such a mundane object as a door in a non-luxury setting but who knows? It was in black and white and the shot probably featured the door for less than half a minute. Either way, it made a uke-related impression on me!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a uke which is basically the same thing.

Ukes are a lot like potato chips. It's hard to stop with just one!

I also look at nicely grained woods with ukes in mind. Also, whenever I see Boston's Zakim Bridge, I think of Aquila strings!
    20201118_094015.jpg
    John

You guys got the fever bad.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

I have a little travel trailer with light and dark faux wood plank floors. Really durable and easy to maintain. Once I got my HPL OXK, I kept looking at the floor wondering how it might sound as a uke as the floor is so pretty

Not my trailer picture, but this is what it looks like...
    https://res.cloudinary.com/outdoorsy...1g3uyrayno.jpg
    - Laura

Martin, KoAloha, Brueko, Mele, Mainland, Outdoor, Kala, Enya, Harmony, Tempo, Globe, Shima, Vega, Silvertone, Kay, Luna, Vorson, Zither Heaven, First Act

Thread Information