Thread: New from Littlehampton

Default New from Littlehampton

Hi, I am a guitar player of the past who suffers with Rheumatoid Arthritis but have found the pleasures in playing a Ukulele which is like heaven. Really getting into it and love to hear from other locals......

Welcome to UU, Trogman5.

I'm sorry to hear about the health issues you're experiencing, but I'm glad to read that you've discovered the ukulele. You'll find many other (former) guitar players here, so you're in good company (though I came from flute). The higher octaves and the limited range really make the uke a separate instrument, but you'll most likely be able to use your guitar skills on your new SO, though the small scale might take a bit of getting used to.

Hi Trogman5. Welcome to the UU Forum.

Tenor ukulele is the first instrument I've seriously tried to learn. It's a lot of fun for me. Hopefully my ukulele club will soon be able to meet again.

Sorry to hear about your RA. I have some osteo in my hands, so I have a glimmering of your situation.

I hope your ukulele will allow you to make music for a long time to come.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Welcome Trogman 5!

Thread Information