Making Ukulele Videos

The Wanderer

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of videos on YouTube on making ukuleles. But that content could be taken down at any time by the creator. For example: I keep coming across references to Pete Howlett's YouTube videos but it looks like they are no longer available.

With that in mind, I'm looking for ukulele build content on DVD or download. I know about the two available from O'Brian Guitars that cost $185. I'm also aware of a DVD for the old Stew Mac kit that can be found used (I'll hunt for this since I'll do one for my first build.) I also found one on Udemy called "Make Your Own Ukulele" for $85 but have not heard or seen anyone mention this one.

Are there any others out there that I'm missing?

I can't think of any others although I'm sure they are out there. I watched the Stew Mac video and it is good but it is for building the kit and if you are starting from scratch it would be of little use.

Yeah I just received the Stew Mac kit in the mail so I'm guessing the old video will still be useful even if it was for the previous version of their kit.

Check out Youtube videos "Birth of a Mya Moe". 100 videos from start to finish. There's a lot to learn there, even if it's not relevant to kit building. Mike

Check out Youtube videos "Birth of a Mya Moe". 100 videos from start to finish. There's a lot to learn there, even if it's not relevant to kit building. Mike

Yes, I have seen those and many others on YouTube. I'm looking for content outside of YouTube that I can download or buy the DVD to keep and use off-line.

Yes, I have seen those and many others on YouTube. I'm looking for content outside of YouTube that I can download or buy the DVD to keep and use off-line.

There are websites which enable you to download from youtube...

Would have loved to have done the entire series but there is no money in it. I'm pretty much a dinosaur and my voice carries no weight any more, particularly on forums like this one which is why you don't see me here much these days. Which is great because I don't get worked up and stressed any more :) Besides if you search diligently you can find everything you need to know on the internet. And most of that content is great...

Side bar - I try to broadcast daily and out of the potential 6 'shows' at leat 2 will be purely on technique. I covered set-up this past week and old school spool-clamp glue-up.

Nearly all you Tube videos are downloadable with FREE software, a quick search and you will find some, I use "4K Downloader" (thats its name) and it is fine/great easy to use.

Yeah I just received the Stew Mac kit in the mail so I'm guessing the old video will still be useful even if it was for the previous version of their kit.

Hi. I run the marketing team at StewMac. If you email me at brock@stewmac.com with your address I will try to find a copy of this video for you.

The Wanderer is correct, this is a video from one of our prior kits. I don't know if we have any more, but I am happy to go on the hunt and send you one if we have it. Just LMK.

(It might take me a minute though... :) )

Hi. I run the marketing team at StewMac. If you email me at brock@stewmac.com with your address I will try to find a copy of this video for you.

The Wanderer is correct, this is a video from one of our prior kits. I don't know if we have any more, but I am happy to go on the hunt and send you one if we have it. Just LMK.

(It might take me a minute though... :) )

That would be fantastic. Email sent. Thanks!

Would have loved to have done the entire series but there is no money in it. I'm pretty much a dinosaur and my voice carries no weight any more, particularly on forums like this one which is why you don't see me here much these days. Which is great because I don't get worked up and stressed any more :) Besides if you search diligently you can find everything you need to know on the internet. And most of that content is great...

Side bar - I try to broadcast daily and out of the potential 6 'shows' at leat 2 will be purely on technique. I covered set-up this past week and old school spool-clamp glue-up.

I purchased that DVD and have referenced it many times. Would have loved to have you do more but I understand that it has to be profitable in order for you to spend your time on it.

One more time, near all is here :

Peter Hurney, Pohaku ukuleles workshop movie, all tips and tricks needed.

https://vimeo.com/105497381

Easy to download.

And keep in mind that after all, having hands in dust, wood ships,

with patience and open mind is the best way to listen...

Top Bottom