Season 458--If It Makes You Happy...

Rock and Roll.

you may, or quite possibly may NOT, be thrilled to know that as well as my hawkwind song-prompt dice, i also have a t-rex/marc bolan set :rolleyes: and as this sort of silliness is one of the most fun ways to plink, i gave them a (rock and) roll for the season!

It’s a great theme Luis, and needed for many I am sure. Personally though I always have way more trouble with the wide open themes. Then it dawned on me while doing some thanksgiving prep work - the Saturday get togethers have been an especially bright spot these past months, so I’ll play something that I have played on a Saturday. Also, who doesn’t get at least a little happier when the Beatles come on?

Sure you have made mistakes but you have seen the error of your ways and you
plead to be forgiven and accepted once again. Forgiveness is great if you experience it.
It would put a smile on anybodies face.

Any extra points for bringing the song that inspired the title of the Season, GG? ;)
This song makes me very happy to remember the very special person that gave me the album that it was from. And the song itself sort of sums up our relationship at the time - over 20 years ago now!
Thanks for hosting GG! :)

DON'T PANIC!!! i only have three sets of these song-prompt dice, and this is the last of the three! this yazoo set tends to produce rather sad songs, but writing them is still a load of fun!

"i hear your voice"

unless someone posts while i'm typing this, that's two vids in a row here on the thread, with the rather lovely caramel filigree hamster ukes (or is that design a betta fish? grape leaves? no i'm sure it's a filigree siberian hamster...)

Last edited:
DON'T PANIC!!! i only have three sets of these song-prompt dice, and this is the last of the three! this yazoo set tends to produce rather sad songs, but writing them is still a load of fun!

"i hear your voice"

unless someone posts while i'm typing this, that's two vids in a row here on the thread, with the rather lovely caramel filigree hamster ukes (or is that design a betta fish? grape leaves? no i'm sure it's a filigree siberian hamster...)

Mine always looks like a fish to me!

"Traumerei" (1838) by Robert Schumann. The process of learning a new melody makes me happy, even if I'm not happy with the results yet.

Playing with new gadgets makes me happy :). Here's some Dylan.

Also having occasional clean sounding barre chords makes me happy. I didn't believe that was possible a couple of months ago :).

“Playing and singing the Beatles on uke brings me no happiness whatsoever,” said nobody on the Seasons ever!

I’m particularly partial to their early songs, and this one is especially good fun to sing and play. It’s been too long since the last Griffs collab (the Griffs are me and Kevin ‘Mezcalero’ Griffin for the uninitiated), so he’s doing the fab lead vocal and electric uke solo and I’m doing keyboards, electric uke, rhythms and backing vocals. Hope it makes you all happy! :)

Better Place by Rachel Platten is one of my favorite songs. I also included pics of my favorite things.

Last edited:
When I think HAPPY - I think Kazoo....

Here is a pathologically optimistic song I wrote this morning to illustrate that old saying: "Every grey cloud has a silver lining".

The title is, of course, based on one of George Formby's catch phrases.

I hope you like:

Here’s a song that makes me happy because of the message, James Taylor’s Shower the Oeople. I quickly recorded itwhen I got to work which explains why I looked a little jumpy. I wanted to finish it before my colleagues came in ��

Today I'm happy because teaching is over for the semester. Hooray! Just don't mention the grading.

And... what would a happy week be without some TMBG? I promise I won't make a habit of the TMBG. Although I shouldn't make promises I can't keep should I...

TMBG songs are usually pretty dark beneath the surface! But they're fun too.

I find this a calming, relaxing sort of song. I reckon that equates to making me happy.

I see YouTube have been "improving" things again. They don't seem to get "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Here is one that makes me happy!

Need moar Beatles!!

This is a staple for our uke jam and the funny thing is, our founder had never heard the original recording and in fact hadn’t until earlier this year. He grew up listening to country music and never heard the Beatles until he was an adult, playing in a cover band, and getting requests for Beatles songs. I drift around the arrangement we play which doesn’t include some of Ringo’s signature voice inflections. Apologies, please!

Top Bottom