FS: Wunderkammer Boswell Tenor with 1.5 inch nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

13down

Reaction score
Selling my Wunderkammer Boswell Tenor made by Liam Kirby.

It has a few customizations.

Number one is that it has only twelve frets. I really like ukes (such as old Martin Style 0 sopranos) where there are only twelve frets. So I asked Liam if he could do that for me.

Standard Boswell has twelve frets to the body, like the original Martin tenor. The customization I asked for was just to end the frets at the body rather than having more frets past the neck joint the way most ukes do.

Second customization I asked for was the 38 millimeter/1.5 inch-wide nut. If you have large hands and long fingers like I do, you'll appreciate it.

Everything else on it is just Liam's creativity. He bound the headstock with colorful perfling just because he was inspired to. He's awesome.

This uke is one of the best replicas of a vintage Martin in terms of not only looks but sound and volume. To me, it actually sounds and looks better than a vintage Martin tenor that I owned and then sold.

It is in very good condition broadly, but it has some scratches. They are superficial. It is finished in tru-oil so despite its nice sheen, its finish is not protective like a standard gloss finish.

I'm selling it only because I don't find myself playing tenor ukes at all anymore. I basically exclusively play baritones and concerts. I guess I just gravitate toward them and as a result I've gravitated away from tenors.

The hardcase is a nice tweed Hilo case.

New, it cost somewhere around $900 USD.

I'm asking for $700 shipped if in North America, $800 shipped worldwide.

Photos

Wunderkammer Site

Last edited:
Could you share more photos please? I can only see one when I click the link, thanks!

thanks for catching that

Thanks for catching that. I fixed the link.

Oh my! If only I hadn't just blown my uke budget order yesterday! This shouldn't last long. Wunderkammer stuff almost never comes up for sale! Someone buy this!

Thanks goodness this is not a soprano, or I would have been really tempted! Lovely instrument

13Down

I sent you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom