Koaloha KTM-00 Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshep

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This ukulele is sold! Thanks! Last price drop to $950 shipped to conus! I have a like new 2 week old Koaloha KTM-00 Tenor that has been played less than 5 minutes. I bought it from HMS with a store credit I had. I was waiting for a Farallon to come in but was getting tired of waiting so when this Koaloha came in with the beautiful Koa I bought it. Although it

Last edited:
Sorry thread is cutting off info. Last price drop to $950 shipped to conus. PayPal. Hopefully this will entice someone to buy it otherwise I think I'll just keep it. Get in touch for more info if you want. Thanks!

Last edited:
Geez, once again sorry, I just realized photos are sideways. Hope you can see everything ok!

That's a great looking KTM-00.

It's the new 14 frets to the body and lower positioned bridge design?

I think they changed the position of the uni-brace as well. The uni-brace on my 2004 Crown Bridge tenor is somewhat thick. It is noticeably thinner on my 2017 KTM-00. Did they thin it any more for the Newest KTM-00?

I'm quite curious about how the newly revised model sounds compared to the previous designs. The recordings I've listened to seem to have a little more balanced sound, especially in the mid range. But that's from video recordings.

They all retain the trademark Ko'Aloha sound.

Last edited:
That's a great looking KTM-00.

It's the new 14 frets to the body and lower positioned bridge design? I think they changed the brace as well.

I'm quite curious about how they sound compared to the previous design.

I tried the older model before and it was a bit too boomy and over powering for me. I now own the new model and it feels better balanced both sound and feel wise and I love it. A bit sweeter and warmer, more balanced in the lower tones. Maybe a tiny bit quieter because the lower range isn't as prominent?
Both are superb instruments, the newer model just fit my style better. And of course this is just my own opinion and others will vary. No offence meant to pre and post 2020 builds.

Last edited:
I tried the older model before and it was a bit too boomy and over powering for me. I now own the new model and it feels better balanced both sound and feel wise and I love it. A bit sweeter and warmer, more balanced in the lower tones. Maybe a tiny bit quieter because the lower range isn't as prominent?
Both are superb instruments, the newer model just fit my style better. And of course this is just my own opinion and others will vary. No offence meant to pre and post 2020 builds.

Thanks. I revised my post and saw yours come up. Nice evaluation. Do you prefer the 14 fret neck?

I can't say I notice it much really, don't think it would be a deal breaker. But now I come to look, most of my ukuleles are also 14 frets to the body.
I do really like the difference the new design seems to have made though.

The pictures are a bit small but it looks like a lovely piece of Koa. Might be helpful to post a link to the original listing if you have it.

I've tried to find a link but don't seem to be able to. It was purchased from HMS with the item #2011811. Maybe someone will know how to find this. When I try it doesn't recognize the number because it has already been sold. Anyway, it's a beautiful Koa that is a little different than the more plain Koa that Koaloha usually uses. That's what attracted me to it in the first place. Also came with an Oahu hard case instead of the canvas hard case as they call it. Thanks!

I've tried to find a link but don't seem to be able to. It was purchased from HMS with the item #2011811. Maybe someone will know how to find this. When I try it doesn't recognize the number because it has already been sold. Anyway, it's a beautiful Koa that is a little different than the more plain Koa that Koaloha usually uses. That's what attracted me to it in the first place. Also came with an Oahu hard case instead of the canvas hard case as they call it. Thanks!

The Ukulele Site item numbers are usually 6 digits. Is it this one?

https://theukulelesite.com/koaloha-mango-tenor-ktm-00-mango-201181.html

I think a few pages were lost in the recent Ukulele Site upgrade which is a shame. My purchase from July can't be found anymore either.

No that's mango. I'm certain 2011811 is their skew number for this ukulele.

Yea you used to be able to go online and just type in the model and their item # and HMS would pop up with that ukulele. Unfortunately it appears that isn't the case anymore.

Ok you guys are a tough sell! I'm going to lower the price to $1,000. To me that is a killer deal for a virtually new Koaloha
KTM-00 with Oahu hard case. At this point I'm considering just keeping so act fast if you want it.

Nice price. Previously, you could look up your history of purchases and click on the item to be taken to the old listing.

I haven't done it for a while. And you may have to have an account with them.

Best of luck with the sale.

Ok last drop! $950 shipped. This is a brand new awesome Koaloha. I’m going to give it a couple days and if it doesn’t sell I’m just going to keep it.

Last bump!! I’ll give it a day and if no one wants it I’ll just keep it. It’s a fantastic ukulele that is brand new so I’ll probably be relieved to just keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom