Kmise tenor guitar

A. Flinner

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Ukulele Underground. I have had several ukuleles, including a Kmise banjolele. Having had a good experience with the brand, I kept them in mind as a budget friendly uke brand that also demonstrated a decent degree of quality. So, when looking for a new baritone ukulele to replace my Hilo brand baritone, I thought of Kmise. I initially purchased a baritone from them with an okoume tiger flame laminate top, but was disappointed to discover a buzz at the saddle. Rather than replacing it with the same instrument, I chose to take a chance on their tenor guitar. I thought steel strings on what is virtually a slightly longer scale baritone ukulele might sound interesting in a good way. I was very pleased to discover that this tenor guitar sounds amazing. It's got a nice tone, and sounds very guitar like with a warmer tone and very good sustain. I can't seem to put this instrument down. It has exceeded my expectations, but I wondered if any of you good folks have have tried one of these. I posted a video on YouTube of me playing What A Friend We Have In Jesus on it. I would love to know your thoughts. Best regards.

Welcome A.Flinner!

My only baritone is a Kmise KMU30B. For the price it is not a bad instrument, but it still needs a setup, as the action is ridiculously high!

Why don't you add the YouTube clip to this thread, then people can hear your tenor guitar in action? Click reply to this thread, copy the YouTube link and then past it in your post by clicking on the film strip at the top of your new entry (the image left of the chat bubble). This will bring up a new window in which you paste the URL). Save it and the clip will show up in the thread, and people can immediately watch it.

Very nice playing on both videos.

They gave me a feel for the Kmise tenor guitar.

With its short (at the lower limit of the tenor guitar) scale length, I might be able to reach chords in GDAE (an octave below mandolin) 5ths. AKA: octave mandolin.

<edit> Has anyone tried the Kmise in GDAE?

Tempting,
Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to the UU Forum A. Flinner.

Top Bottom