Timms Soprano at Guitar Center

UkeStuff

Reaction score
I was just looking through the Guitar Center used listings and noticed a Timms selling in Emeryville, California, for $750.

[Added later since it was deleted somehow from the original post]

I don't know what the going rate is for a Timms, but if I lived in the area, I would stop by the store and check it out and make an offer.

Last edited:
You mean that Ken Timms uke that I JUST bought two minutes ago? :). $100 discount, so $650 plus tax.

Was I looking for a soprano? No. Do I have three custom builds coming this over the next couple of months? Yes.

Do I have UAS....No, I don't...really..honest..

Guess I have just read too much about these...as they say, it would have been rude not to.

Rich, looks like you're a soprano guy, so you should be thrilled! Ken's ukes are truly world class. Congrats, and can't wait to hear your thoughts comparing the Timms to those other beauties you've got.

I actually don't have the Kamaka anymore, as I did not think I WAS a soprano guy. I believe the long neck soprano to be my favorite (currently) uke--I love the soprano sound and prefer the concert neck. Thus, why I sold back to the Kamaka to the original owner (loved the sound). However, I saw this, and had to do it. I was actually looking at a cheaper (Regal) soprano to play with, but now I have something special :).

Thanks for the well wishes--I am excited.

You mean that Ken Timms uke that I JUST bought two minutes ago? :). $100 discount, so $650 plus tax.

Was I looking for a soprano? No. Do I have three custom builds coming this over the next couple of months? Yes.

Guess I have just read too much about these...as they say, it would have been rude not to.

Where/how is everyone getting these Guitar Center discounts?

Congrats! I'm glad to have been of help (unless you had seen it already!) in the referral!

Where/how is everyone getting these Guitar Center discounts?

I had a great chat with the salesman on the phone--really good guy and we talked ukes for a bit. I asked the him if had a Black Friday special, and he said not for used instruments. I asked if he could give me any kind of discount, and after he spoke to his manager, he came back at $100 off. That was all she wrote.

Yes, ukuleles have a way of following us home, don't they?

Top Bottom