FS: Kala 8 String Baritone

about2

Reaction score
I have a Kala Ka-aBP8-ctg for sale . . . It's their 8 string, solid cedar top, acacia back and sides, baritone. Its in great shape with good action and intonation. You can hear it here:

https://soundcloud.com/user-679342401/a-different-bari/s-UDd1VAC9DhN

Currently, it is set up a little different, as you can tell from the sound clip. I've removed both a B and E string. It's a 6 stringer at present. It is tuned Hi D, Low D; Hi G, Low-low G; B, E.

This one of the advantages of an 8 string - you can adjust the strings to your preference. Just remove strings to make it a 4 string, 5 string, 6 string, or 8 stringer. Your call. This bari offers great flexibility, good projection, and is just downright fun to play.

A note on the Low-Low G string - Its a Guadalupe string. It originally came in a set designed to make a Bari play as a tenor (GCEA), only an octave lower. But I cannibalized the G string from that set and am very happy with the result. If that is not to your liking, I will happily remove it and replace it with a standard G string.

I will add pictures later tonight . . .

$190 plus shipping (US only).

Last edited:
Liked the double low G sound. This has to be up there with the fastest sales ever. Congrats buyer and seller!

Plan on working my way to a EADG tuning. Looking forward to giving it a good home.
Thanks about2

Top Bottom