Galli Fluorocarbon Strings

Larry U

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I picked up a pack of Galli Tenor Fluorocarbon strings on my last string order. I'm having a hard time finding any information or reviews on them. Before I install them on one of my ukes, does anyone have any experience and/or comments about them? I'm looking for a bright sounding set of strings for a particular uke and I'm hoping these might be a possible solution.

I have a set of these but haven't tested them. I also have a custom soprano that should be finished soon and I believe will come with these so I can give my opinion on them when I get my hands on it.

I have noticed that the gauges for Galli fluorocarbons are really small. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they produced a brighter sound than other more common fluorocarbon strings.

Guess there's only one way to find out! Fluorocarbon is usually bright. Do it! Trust your ears!

Tried out some Galli fluorocarbons a few years back. They were OK, but not as good as Oasis fluorocarbons IMHO. They seemed to lack the sustain of Oasis.

I strung up my Jupiter tenor with Galli fluorocarbons (High G) a couple of days ago. They're starting to settle in and the tuning is holding pretty well. Overall, as Doc_J said, I'd rate them as OK. They feel somewhat hard/stiff, particularly compared to the Uke Logic Soft strings they replaced. The sound is good, but still doesn't have the brightness I'm looking for. I'll keep them on for a while and see if things change as they break in, but I don't think I will use them again.

I strung up my Jupiter tenor with Galli fluorocarbons (High G) a couple of days ago. They're starting to settle in and the tuning is holding pretty well. Overall, as Doc_J said, I'd rate them as OK. They feel somewhat hard/stiff, particularly compared to the Uke Logic Soft strings they replaced. The sound is good, but still doesn't have the brightness I'm looking for. I'll keep them on for a while and see if things change as they break in, but I don't think I will use them again.

Just a follow-up on the Galli strings. I've been playing the Jupiter Tenor pretty hard for the past few days and I'm really starting to warm up to the sound. I'm not sure if it's the uke breaking in (it's only a couple of months old) or the strings settling, but the combination seems to be working well. I still want to try some Worth Clears on it, but for now, I've got no complaints.

Top Bottom