Feels like NUD: Flight TUS-35 rescued from quarantine

Arcy

Strummin' in the Rain
Reaction score
Made it into my office for the first time since early March to grab some hardware I needed and my Flight TUS-35.

I can't believe how giddy I am over a little cheap as heck soprano. Smiles per dollar are through the roof, and I'm really enjoying the high-G. A far cry from my normal baritones and basses!

I did get a bit of an eyeroll about buying another uke... which I didn't!

--Rob

Congratulations on the rediscovery of an instrument you already owned!

My Flight TUS is my travel uke. And I have not been able to travel (like everyone) and so it sits unplayed in its little flimsy bag. Looking forward to when I can get it ready for a trip.

Always fun to rediscover an old friend. Funny how our memory can change things. What we remember and reality can be somewhat different.

Why do I picture you dressed in black and being lowered from the ceiling to snatch your uke and the hardware and making a daring escape?

Glad you are reunited.

THanks for sharing your joy with us! Hopefully you'll get a bit of extra playing in with your re-entrant uke!

Why do I picture you dressed in black and being lowered from the ceiling to snatch your uke and the hardware and making a daring escape?
It kind of felt like that wearing a mask and trying to avoid the three other people I saw in the building! The doors now have fancy touch-free detectors to trigger opening - didn't need to touch anything until I unlocked my own door

Still having fun with it. A bit cold today and wearing long sleeves. The way I hold it my sleeves brush the bridge and mute the strings on the small body. Going to need to make some adjustments

Congrats on your almost NUD!

it sits unplayed in its little flimsy bag.
The stock bag is certainly flimsy, but Flight-branded padded gig bags, with a big pocket, are available as a separate purchase. Sheetmusicplus has them in standard soprano, concert, tenor, and baritone sizes for $20 (plus tax and shipping).

I have a TUSL-35 (soprano body, concert neck), so it's a non-standard size and the padded bags aren't a perfect fit. I got the concert bag and it was OK, but the uke was a bit loose in there due to the small soprano body. It fits snugly if you first put the uke in the flimsy stock bag, then put the bagged uke into the padded bag. So it's double bagged.

I assume the Flight soprano padded bag would work fine for a regular TUS-35.

Last edited:
Top Bottom