NUD KoAloha Red Label Silver Anniversary concert

rainbow21

UU VIP
Reaction score
HMS was able to offer me first dibs on this (by request once I saw these were being made). I was debating whether to get a 25th anniversary uke but not being able to try one and see if it played better than my Pikake held me back. Seeing that they were producing a few Red Labels got me excited since it was different (supposedly better) bracing with the other cosmetic improvements of the anniversary models. I was sold when I saw this red Red.

It has a mango front and maple sides and is a reddish coloring, which I love. Sound is excellent. Compared with my koa Pikake, it is more balanced (high end does not ring out as much). Joel did a superb job with the set up and switched to Uke Logic strings. Playability is wonderful.

Sound sample from me? Nah... Listen to these guys instead:

https://vimeo.com/474501384

(BTW, Mim's Ukes has a blue and a purple model available. I would have gotten one if this red one did not become available)

untitled-527.jpg

untitled-532.jpg

Attachments

• untitled-526.jpg
    untitled-526.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
That is absolutely stunning looking! Sounds every bit as good. Congratulations.

I'm not usually one for these high-end custom/special models but I will admit that that's absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!

If I was going for one of these types of models from any K brand I would probably go for a KoAloha as well since their ukes are normally fairly plain looking otherwise. I also really like the sound of mango on a KoAloha as it just slightly dampens that extremely bright sound and high frequencies. I was considering a mango KoAloha soprano or concert since they're finally available in Europe but I don't think there's enough of a difference to my koa soprano to justify the purchase. I bet these red and black and white labels and whatever else are in a completely different ballpark.

I love Koaloha and this one is over the top. The wood is fantastic looking but the sound......the sound is even better if that is possible. Wow, Mango top and Maple back and side, who would figure it could sound like that. Everybody in the video was impressed so you know you have something special. Congratulations

Not a fan of stained wood at all but I love the combination used here. Any KoAloha sounds great but yes, this one sounds amazing.

Swoon worthy. That's the way to snag a unique and very special instrument by calling the dealer ahead of delivery.

Bluesy.

Not a fan of stained wood at all but I love the combination used here. Any KoAloha sounds great but yes, this one sounds amazing.

While I agree to some degree, there's something about that kind of stained mango wood that I like. I think the colour injection process is a bit different on these than typically on more traditional types of woods. Big Island do similar kind of coloured mango ukes as well that are a bit tacky but this is much more elegant and beautiful.

Wow. You got a very special ukulele. Looks beautiful, and sounds fantastic. I bet it's a dream to play. Enjoy!

I’m also normally not a fan of stained woods, but that is a beauty, and the sound is amazing. I especially like the mango maple wood combination and that black and amber color combination for the UPTs are my favorite.

On Mim’s site, you can enlarge pictures by opening them in a new tab. That said, she really needs to get a new camera—the picture quality’s not that great, even enlarged.

Just amazing! That is one beautiful looking and sounding instrument.
Congrats!

Exceptional looking and sounding ukulele. Love the UPTs. Great ukulele. You are very fortunate to own and play such a nice ukulele. Enjoy!

Love the red color! I am still very much enjoying my KoAloha. Enjoy! Congrats on your new baby!

I had to hunt down this NUD after reading your thoughtful replies about KoAloha builds and oooweeee am I glad I did! Your uke is gorgeous and those HMS sound samples had me floating. Might be my favorite version of Mika's How Deep Is Your Love... super sweet and delicate. I can't wait get home to my kcm-00mg and try learn it.

HOLY CRAP that is beautiful and I want one

HMS was able to offer me first dibs on this (by request once I saw these were being made). I was debating whether to get a 25th anniversary uke but not being able to try one and see if it played better than my Pikake held me back. Seeing that they were producing a few Red Labels got me excited since it was different (supposedly better) bracing with the other cosmetic improvements of the anniversary models. I was sold when I saw this red Red.

It has a mango front and maple sides and is a reddish coloring, which I love. Sound is excellent. Compared with my koa Pikake, it is more balanced (high end does not ring out as much). Joel did a superb job with the set up and switched to Uke Logic strings. Playability is wonderful.

Sound sample from me? Nah... Listen to these guys instead:

(BTW, Mim's Ukes has a blue and a purple model available. I would have gotten one if this red one did not become available)

View attachment 131016

View attachment 131017

That's beautiful. KoAloha makes fine ukuleles.

Top Bottom