Nylgut Banjo Strings for a Baritone

arktrav

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have a set of Aquila Strings, Super Nylgut classic banjo strings. Can I use these to achieve a GDAE tuning on a vey good baritone ukulele? If not, please forgive me, but I am totally confused from searching the forum. What is the bst way to get a GDAE tuning on a baritone ukulele? To me unless there is a tension problem the nylgut strings eems a good answer. Thanks so much

Nevermind.....

Last edited:
Easiest G2 D3 A4 E4 is to start with baritone uke strings or classical guitar strings

The baritone is D3 G3 B4 E4.
* for G2, buy a single classical guitar A string
* for D3 use the baritone D3
* for A4 use the G3 or B4
* for E4 use the E4

The classical guitar E2 A3 D3 G3 B4 E4.
* for G2 use the classical A3 string
* for D3 use the D3
* for A4 use the G3 or B4
* for E4 use the E4

Classical strings designed for a 25.5" scale might feel OK or might feel floppy on a 20" scale bari uke. Which can be solved with high or x-high tension string set.

BTW my experience is that banjo strings and electric guitar strings aren't beefy enough to drive a wood soundboard.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Search for "fifths" to read previous discussions on GCAE ukulele.

Cheers.

Thank you very much. I have read many posts on the subject and was trying to determine which way was the most prevalent. I know it is frustrating, to many, to be asked to reapond to a question often asked. Anyone offended by my most please receive my sincerest apology. thank you.

Top Bottom