Love at First Sight!

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I put in for an Ohana CK-450SMP back in May. It arrived this evening! It is so beautiful that I can’t find adjectives suitable to describe it.

The spalting is gorgeous. The abalone inlay is gorgous. And the attention to detail is just outrageous! For example, there is the thinnest little circle of dark wood trim around the inside edge of the tone hole. I’ve never seen that before. The colors of the woods meld so tastefully together. Even the hardware is special. Oh, Ohana, you have really gone and done it this time!

Any pics? :D

They didn’t leave anything on the workshop table with that one! How does it sound?

That really is one gorgeous uke. Now I understand why the love at first sight. :)
I wish you both a long and happy relationship together!

Some of the nicest spalting I've seen. Fantastic book matching. Really lovely. Couldn't tell much about the inlay on the fretboard.

Terrific looking instrument.

Don't forget flowers and candy on your anniversary...

View attachment 131072
It sounds and plays very nice. It - truncated by this STUPID forum!

Yes, it can be massively frustrating. I’ve taken to copying things before I post, it’s not a perfect solution but it helps.

Nice looking instrument too, I hope that it plays as well as it looks. Ohana sure do badge some nice instruments, I guess that they have some made to spec and pick up other models already made by some faceless manufacturer. My own Ohana has become a joy to play (needed sorting out first) and I’d gladly have another.

Yep, enjoy your new Uke and I hope that it gives you decades of pleasure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom