Season 460: Rivers, Lakes and Valleys

I didn't spend enough time on this, but I want to move on to something else. Today is Essequibo River:

Hopefully, the new upload is complete.

Last edited:
Day 5 is coming to an end and I've caught up with yet another interesting selection of songs. Keep them coming.

Season 460.....Forgot the words, so it became an instrumental. Then the computer crashed three times during the audio vid mix and this nearly never made it to the Season.

CeeJay beat me to Banks Of The Ohio, so here's another murder ballad. I learned this song from a Pete Seeger LP when I was in high school in the early sixties.

Monongahela Sal - Robert Schmertz - 1947

Last edited:
This song doesn't mention a lake or river but a pontoon boat doesn't really work in rough water so I have to assume they are on one.

Thomas Allen wrote this beauty in 1905. I didn't know it, and I believe many others outside North America might be missing out as well. I definitely had fun learning this one, Geoff!

Rivers Of Babylon

Repost as I deleted it by mistake whilst cleaning up my page.

Last edited:

Only loosely relevant but for some reason came to mind when I read this theme.

"The Blue Danube" (1866) by Johann Strauss II with photos from Budapest and Danube River. Arrangement by Tony Mizen, but mistakes are my own. :)

Ahoy
I found this song by Ben Caplan that talks of going down to the river and having the currents wash you down to the sea.

This is the first Blitzen Trapper song I ever heard, in a podcast in 2009. I played it once on tiple in the early days of the Seasons.

Since no one else has done this yet I thought I would butcher it.

Thanks for a great season Geoff.

Haha, I was going to get the carving knife out to this one and had a listen to Jeanie on the YToob and my face fell, whilst it was falling it caught sight of Liz Brinker's thumbnail of the song for 458 which I clicked on and then spent the rest of the afternoon rummaging around the furniture for my damned face !!! I wouldn't go near this after that . You are a brave man sirrah !!

Coming to the end of day seven with another excellent batch of songs. A few more to catch up on as I wasn't able to listen to any yesterday. Just one more day to go. Keep them coming.

Hi Geoff,

I had three songs queued up and then life got in the way. Fortunately it was lovely outside ... notwithstanding the leaf blowers. Here’s some CCR.

Top Bottom