Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 35-40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • More than 50

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
I'm in tier three and plan to move into the first. I've decided to sell about a dozen this Spring that need to be played more than I play them. The problem is I still spend too much time browsing for my next great uke. We'll see... :)

Currently, 6 ukes and 2 Ubasses. How many HAVE I owned? Probably around 30...

I have 3, which is probably more than I need. I used to set my limit to 4 and I think 5 is the most I've ever had at one time. Maybe my set will grow again at some point, but I try to keep it to a few.

Here they are.

1 Ukulele Collection.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Beautiful collage of your ukes Mike! They are all nicely different.

I’ve run out of fingers while counting. So, I have more than 10. :)

I try to keep the herd under 20. Discovering new ones keeps it interesting.

Last edited:
Of the three that I have only one would even be worth selling, and that's the one I play and would want to keep. The other two aren't worth a hundred bucks put together.

I used to think it was funny when I told people I had 20 or 30 or 40. When it gets near 100, it's almost embarrassing. I have a hand-eye coordination problem when it comes to ukes. I see a uke I like, and my hand clicks "Buy."

I have three on order, but I counted them in the total. I'm sure I won't go over 100. That would be ridiculous. :)

Most of them are pictured below. I have 98 now, counting the three on order.

@ALL 2020-12-08.jpg

Last edited:
I used to think it was funny when I told people I had 20 or 30 or 40. When it gets near 100, it's almost embarrassing. I have a hand-eye coordination problem when it comes to ukes. I see a uke I like, and my hand clicks "Buy."

I have three on order, but I counted them in the total. I'm sure I won't go over 100. That would be ridiculous. :)

Most of them are pictured below.

View attachment 131103
Bravo!! If I had more space and money, I would join you.. with pride!

Did you build or buy the cigar boxes (and does one have one of the samurai designs) and did you paint the flukes?
Just curious. Nice collection. I see those cocobolos in there.

Did you build or buy the cigar boxes (and does one have one of the samurai designs) and did you paint the flukes?

Most of them are pictured below.

View attachment 131103

Wow. How long did it take you for that picture?

Don't be embarrassed.
Just think: many coin collectors have more than 100 coins, and then the stamp collectors...
You'll neve guess how many chess sets I own.

I didn't think to add my bass ukes/mini bass guitars, which amount to 30, so total I have 39 but can't change my vote. Oh well.

Bass Collection.jpg

I built the cigar box ukes. I don't know anything about a samurai design. The first two were made from cigar boxes. The third box I made myself - a bit too large. Everything I do is a learning experience.

I painted the Starry Night and the Autumn uke. A talented person did the Sunset Fluke. I bought the Fishy Fluke online after someone painted it. The Space Fluke is covered with adhesive vinyl printed with a Hubble Deep Field image. I cut a sound hole (in the shape of a fluke) in the top side to let more sound out. I'm not sure what the story is with that green stringless Fluke. I may have already converted to something more colorful. It's hard to keep track.

There are actually six Cocobolos, starting with the one next to the Bonanza Oreo. Number six is a rare spruce-top long-neck soprano.

Thanks for looking.

I forgot to count the damaged Ka-Lai displayed in the china cabinet. If I include it, I move up one tier!

Four. And a banjouke.

I might have a record for buying 3 ukes in a week and none of them are here yet. It's the waiting that makes you look for another one hoping it would come before the one you ordered.

Come on USPS and UPS, save me from myself! :D

I found another one last night, so must now admit to actually having 17..........but I'm a long way behind you, Jerry. :D :cool: :music:

P.S. I was very tempted to collect long neck sopranos.........but managed to resist. ;)

Top Bottom