Hello from Connecticut

AstroEd42

Reaction score
Hello
I'm a retired Tool & Diemaker from Connecticut. I have started to collect what I need to build a Concert Ukulele. I do not play any instruments. I have experience with woodworking and I have an ongoing Violin build. I have had health issues and I'd like to build a ukulele for my son-in-law before I'm unable to. With the cold Connecticut winter at hand and the Covid virus keeping me homebound, a ukulele build will help keep me sane. I'm looking forward to being a member of the forum, and hope I can contribute to it. I think it's wonderful that there is a forum like this.
Regards
Ed

Welcome to UU, Ed!
Such a great idea to build a ukulele for your son-in-law! I'm sure that you will get many useful replies to any issues and challenges you might run into. I am not a builder myself, but I like to take a look at the luthiers' lounge. There are some people who start a thread to document their (first) ukulele. There is also a thread where builders post photos of what is going on in their shed/workshop.
So, good luck with your first instrument(s). You may want to build one for yourself as well, since ukes are quite addictive!

Welcome, come down to Florida. Nice to hear you building a uke and a violin. Visit the luthiers site on the forum. Lots of good information on building there.

Welcome Ed! You have a couple of ambitious projects in the works.

Best of luck with your builds.

Hello and welcome, hope you always have a wonderful and fruitful day!

Top Bottom