Aloha From India

Was Ashton a better first choice?

• Total voters

PsyDude

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a 19yr old guy who was fond of the Instrument at the age of 17
The first video I saw with Ukulele in my mind was Eddie Vedder's - Can't Keep. I fell in love at sight with Hawaii Were the Music Video was made. I was a curious learner who had a bit of experience with Western Music in General, I knew a bit of Violin before I made my venture with the Ukulele. To be honest, I never joined any Forum or Discord Chat with connection to Ukulele, I also wanted to know if there is any Official Discord Server for the members here. The album which gave me an Insight towards my life was Eddie Vedder's Ukulele songs. I'm so excited and Happy about joining this Forum. I wish I had a Copy of Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Song book. I tried searching for it but never got a link or got a chance to look at the pdf from those. In my entire life to the present is I'm single. I got hooked to that Album because of how it related to me. The lyrics seemed a bit In Line with my life. Then I saw two girls making a cover of a song called "Bodysurfing" At a beach side of ?, You guessed it ! Hawaii . I was introduced to the ukulele by a irl friend who had a Soprano Kala. The First non-chord Strum Felt Like I was born again. When My friend needed his Instrument back I was dying to get a ukulele, I bought a Concerto Ashton Ukulele . I don't know about your experience but I Hope I made a better choice.
So happy to join with you Guys :eek:

Welcome to UU, PsyDude!

I wish you lots of fun on your ukulele journey!

Hello, PsyDude and welcome. This is a great place to discuss or enquire about all things ukulele. It becomes even better as you gain experience. Have fun!

John Colter

Hi PsyDude,

Welcome to the UU Forum.

My understanding is that Eddie Vetter's book has been out of print for some time and is very hard to find. You'll probably have to search used book dealers and watch for used copies that rarely come up for sale in Ukulele Marketplaces.

You may be able to find some of the songs on music "Tab" sites. Usually these are the lyrics with chords indicated.

Enjoy your ukulele. It's a lot of fun.

I wish I could get my hands on the digital "PDF" , I tried searching the forum and found out some guy had the pdf which he emailed to the guys who posted the request .I was afraid to reply that thread since it was a bit old, I tried searching on Google too :( No luck.
Thank for taking your time to reply me though You are the Best ! :eek:

Gaining Experience is a bit of a mystery , Can you help me out with some Intermediate Songs ? :eek: Also Thank You for taking the time to reply me. You are Awesome !

Damn, This is a lot :D Exactly what I needed ! Please share more resources if you have any for pop songs or something like Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Songs or Songs using Ukulele as a main instrument Thank You soo Much , You are Awesome :eek:

Welcome to UU. Have fun, that's what it's all about!

Welcome aboard the UU forum. I love Eddie Vedder's "Ukulele Songs" album as well. Good luck

Hey Thank you a lot for the reply ! :eek: Can you help me find albums similar to Eddie Vedder's Ukulele Songs ? Hope you could Help me out :)

I appreciate the reply ! Can you refer some songs? I'm in need for some recommendations from the site . Songs about loneliness , sad , romance but "dead inside" songs. I relate to them to ease my depression :eek:

Awe, After I listened to it , I was .. Speechless , I Never heard anything like that song before mate, It's like a Nursery Rhyme singing in Hell lol ;)

Top Bottom