Can you sing two notes at once?

Mike $

Reaction score
I have hit two notes at once, it doesn't sound pretty, and I had never heard of others doing it until I saw this video. This girl has turned it into an art form. She is fantastic. Do yourself a favor and listen to it. She does some phenomenal things with her voice throughout the video.
Enjoy.

You can hear it in the end of this video, or somewhere in the middle in the background, there's one at 2:13, and like 4:00

It's amazing, isn't it. I don't even sing one note.

Someone in our uke group has one of those two-strings instruments. It's an erhu.

Last edited:
I can do it. I'll record a song with overtones tomorrow.

I used to be able to play a note on my Tenor Horn, and produce a second note by using the humming technique. I could go up and down a scale that way. If I remember right, it was 5ths, but I'm not sure of that.

OOPS forgot to share mine. I'll try and remember to record Black Cocoa, it's a song of mine with some overtone singing in it.

When I get to the point where I can sing one correct note at once, I'll start working on this. ;)
Me too, Jerry. If it wasn't for my voice coach....people would still be paying me NOT to sing.

Of course! I can sing Gb + F# together plus Eb + D# ... 😬

Some overtone singing in the beginning here. Sorry about the absolute dog poo sound quality, I forgot to lower the mike!

Last edited:
Top Bottom