Post your own best Seasons performance of 2020

DelGriff

A very boring man!
Reaction score
I started a thread like this at the end of last year and of the year before, and it worked really well. All each of us needs to do here is select and re-post (not re-record!) the one Seasons vid we did this year of which we are the most proud. Should make for another wonderful collection of top-notch performances.

So, just to be clear, it is one vid each of your own favourite vid/performance BY YOU. There’ll be no judging or anything like that (this isn’t a season after all), but I will compile a playlist. Post whenever you like before the end of the year. :)

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
I got my YouTube annual review today. I posted 540 minutes worth of content in 2020 (so far). Big highlights have been collabs with Jon, Kev and Chelle, and the work I've put into multitracking this year paid off big style with Smooth the other week, but scrolling back through my videos remembering this one put the biggest smile on my face.

It has been a year with a whole lot of missed weeks, so I dont have as much to choose from as I would like.

I have been told that this was my best, so I will guess it is :

The COVID lockdown earlier this year and the resulting 3 months of furlough for me presented an opportunity to make lots of music. My collaborations with Lynda, Kev and Bob were particularly enjoyable and hugely rewarding this year, but the video I’ve chosen here is just me. It’s a song I wrote for Jim’s Mountain season (437), and once I’d added some keyboard and rhythm backing it turned out just as I heard it in my head at the start of the process. :)

i did this homemade song originally for val's season 419, lachrymose lamentations, back in february, and then del did the most amazing synth and vocal add to my original recording, resulting in my pick of my vids for the year...

"i know you're gonna make me cry - blissed out mix"

Last edited:
2020 was rough all over, but the ZOOM open-mic party started by YorkSteve was something I found myself looking forward to each week.

Thank you to all the many participants in this musical gab-fest!
I know it is not easy for everyone to attend, but if you can carve out a little time to drop by, please know that you would be made most welcome.
Please check the open-mic thread for the current meeting information.

I wrote this about our grandchildren - Charlotte - Jacob - Olivia - Jaxson - Xander - Phoebe - and our youngest grandchild is actually called Melody.

Looking back I can see how few songs I have posted over the year, but this is one I quite like, for Andy (Desert Pavement’s Season) who as luck would have it is hosting now too. Merry Christmas Seasonistas everywhere.

Last edited:
Brilliant thread and a great idea to put everyones favourites on a playlist.
My favourite performance this year is not the one that has the most views.
I was playing around with Nick Cave songs one day and, for some reason, one of the songs morphed into a cover of Cypress Hill, much to my amusement. That was a very fun day

Thanks Delvinator!
I was tossing up between the longest or shortest song I did. Lucky for all it's the shortest. Done for Jon's short song season.

Looking back I can see how few songs I have posted over the year, but this is one I quite like, for Andy (Desert Pavement’s Season) who as luck would have it is hosting now too. Merry Christmas Seasonistas everywhere.

One of my favorites too. Merry Christmas To you and yours John.

Thirteen vids on the playlist already - fab! Every year when I run this thread I realise that, however diligently I try to listen to as many songs as possible in the course of every season, I somehow manage to miss some really fantastic contributions and occasionally even whole seasons here and there. So this is a great way to catch up on at least some of the best of what I’ve missed. Thank you all! :)

Just been through my output for the year, including some I can't even remember doing!

This one stands out for me - a) it's a Diana Ross ballad, not the usual waters I fish in, and b) it has a key change, often grounds for avoidance.

Although I had some other songs that were fun to learn and sound okay. this one has good sound, good visual, and is a fun song too!

Thanks for doing this Del! I've really enjoyed the previous ones, and I'm it will be the same with this 2020 version. I'm very proud of the many wonderful collaborations I've done this year with Jon Duncan, Marc, the better half of the Griff's (Del), Chelle Heart, Kimi, JoAnn, JooJoo, Willie, Howard and Richard. Based on the feedback and comments, my most recent has been the best received, and so I'll go with that :)

Top Bottom