Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 461 - Happy Holidays

Default Season 461 - Happy Holidays

AMENDED I was bluntly informed last week in a friendly way that according to our Bylaws the theme for the last full Season before Christmas Day is prescribed (pesky ).

So, this Season let's hear songs about the Season. Any winter holiday song will do, whether it is Christmas, Hanukkah, Festivus, Saturnalia, Lunar New Year, Solstice etc., etc., etc. They can be traditional or non, religious or non, parodies, etc., as long as they have to do with end of year Holidays. Originals that fit the theme are also most welcome.

For the writers, if it helps attract your Muse(s), you may also bring songs of celebration or reflection, in keeping with the themes of those late year holidays. OR, in honor of Festivus, you may air your grievances in song.

I did have a different theme in mind, and I like Lynda’s suggestion. SO, you may bring songs by artists who departed this plane of existence during 2020. BUT, these must be alternated with Holiday songs. For example, Sunday you play “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” then Monday you play something by Adam Schlesinger, then Tuesday it is back to Holidays. I will make two playlists.

The Season will run 8 days, beginning Sunday, 13 December at 00:00:01 and ending Sunday, 20 December at 23:59:59.99

Collaborations, multi-tracking, other instruments are welcome, as long as the ukulele is front and center.

All the other usual rules. And remember that there is still an additional day of Geoff's most excellent Season.

No song limit. Though I may be slow on the draw to comment as it is my last week of work before a few weeks of leave.

HOLIDAY PLAYLIST

GONE TOO SOON PLAYLIST
    Last edited by Desert Pavement; 12-13-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    I was bluntly informed last week...
    Sorry Andy - really didn’t intend it to come across like that!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Quote Originally Posted by DelGriff View Post
    Sorry Andy - really didn’t intend it to come across like that!
    I didn't take it that way at all Del, honest, but I have a bad tendency of having to needle back a little bit. I am happy to host the Holiday Season and I look forward to your Holiday songs.

Hope your side does well today.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

I've done this one several times and I've always gone for a holiday theme, especially as my birthday falls during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    I've done this one several times and I've always gone for a holiday theme, especially as my birthday falls during the week.
    Happy Birthday Week!

Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    Happy Birthday Week!

happy birthday week, geoff, MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! and thank you for hosting the party, andy!

i've only been doing the seasons for a hundred million years and i totally still get mixed up as to which is the christmas theme week here - i'd sort of assumed it was the week christmas day fell in, but then del said, lo, put-eth on thy reading glasses, woman, behold - 'tis the last full season before christmas day. and verily 'twas true.
    lynda

acid skiffle

although i'm sure we had at least one year when there wasn't a christmas week? am i dreaming??? mebbe i'll go look and see. but one thing we used to do that seems to have gone out of fashion, is a bonus playlist, mebbe if andy had another theme in mind for this week, he could run a secondary theme for that, with songs for it, going on a bonus playlist??? people who bring more than one vid a week could aim to do a vid or vids for both playlists? people who bring one song could choose which theme to do?
    lynda

acid skiffle

i was dreaming...............................
    lynda

acid skiffle

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    i was dreaming...............................
    Or maybe an adult beverage was involved........
    Flat flip flies straight.

Thread Information