Flight Pathfinder Electric Tenor Ukulele - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Thanks for the Review. This lower cost offering than the Risa is going to attract a lot of attention. I see some USA pre order offerings for $299 for the Centurion and $279 for the Pathfinder from a reputable dealer with set up. Gonna give Risa some competition. As you said with various amp and effect pedal combinations one can dial in the sound they are looking for. Already owning Godin Mulituke it has been hard to justify the cost of the Risa for something steel string just to play around with, the Flight offerings may be a choice that could work.

SUS did a really good comparison of these electric Flight and Risa ukes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LexyDAApaSk

You can quite clearly see that the Risas are much mellower and darker in tone but the Flights certainly don't sound bad, particularly if you're looking for that brighter tone. There solid bodied electrics aren't really for me, but for what it's worth I would probably go for the Risa if I had the money but I'd also probably be completely happy with one of the Flights as well. And honestly, the Flights probably are better value for that kind of money.

Thanks for the Review. This lower cost offering than the Risa is going to attract a lot of attention. I see some USA pre order offerings for $299 for the Centurion and $279 for the Pathfinder from a reputable dealer with set up. Gonna give Risa some competition. As you said with various amp and effect pedal combinations one can dial in the sound they are looking for. Already owning Godin Mulituke it has been hard to justify the cost of the Risa for something steel string just to play around with, the Flight offerings may be a choice that could work.

Yep - fully agree - think the price point is the smart positioning here from Flight

SUS did a really good comparison of these electric Flight and Risa ukes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LexyDAApaSk

You can quite clearly see that the Risas are much mellower and darker in tone but the Flights certainly don't sound bad, particularly if you're looking for that brighter tone. There solid bodied electrics aren't really for me, but for what it's worth I would probably go for the Risa if I had the money but I'd also probably be completely happy with one of the Flights as well. And honestly, the Flights probably are better value for that kind of money.

Yep - the quality of the Risa is a bit of a step up, but that doesn't make the Flight a bad sounding uke - plus when you are running it through distortion and effects... bet the difference is far less obvious!

Top Bottom