More Annoying Uke : (

Sorry for the further hijack Jerry....... Nickie. How was virtual TBUG? Hard to believe that just a little over year ago, I was there. Jamming with everyone & visiting my family. Maybe next year?????
I just started volunteering for Meal On Wheels. A minimal contact way to stay engaged & help out my community. I can't wait for the day that I can visit longer with my clients, and maybe even play some uke music for them.....maybe, if they'd tolerate it. Now it's just dropping off their meals & saying hello from a distance in a mask.

Another MoW driver and thread hijacker here. Because the dining room is closed, our senior center also instituted a drive-up meal distribution and tripled their meals served from pre pandemic days.

Nothing beats a concert of a huge circle of 6th grades playing recorders as a birthday surprise for you. It can be very tough to stand in the middle of that circle and keep smiling until the worst is over.
This is only conquered by a neighbor who just had received his first piano and exercises all evenings long.
Next comes the trumpet girl who practises publicly in your favourite pup every weekend.
Not to think at me practising reals on the Great Highland Bagpipes. Was using Google Maps to find places with at least 1000 yards distance to houses, parking lots or the likes.
When I think at all the famous and good players in the world of music, I only can salute the many unknown people who must have contributed to this success by endless patience and ignorance.

BUT: I NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE BEING ANNOYED BY SOMEBODY PLAYING UKULELE... except my wife "Oh, Darling, could you please play something else in between? You know, it's a nice song, but... NOT ALL THE TIME FOR FIVE HOURS!"

Edit: Forgot to mention the waiting time in a Berlin subway station while that lonely guy's improvisations on his Saxophone is echoed throughout the caves. Nothing gets me more depressed.
Edit 2: Or the kid that had to play the triangle (not without reason called idiophone) in your school's orchestra and always hits it at the wrong time. WHO HAS INVENTED THIS INSTRUMENT???
Edit 3: Or a danish marching band, that stands still at a public place and scrolls through their songbook pages for five minutes after every tune until everybody found the next song to be played.
Edit 4: Or you thought it 'd be a great idea to give your kids those cheap kazoos and ...

Edit 5: Not to be taken seriously. I love people who play music, whatever the cost.

Last edited:
We must put an end to this idea that the sound of a ukulele is irritating, even when played by a little kid. :)

View attachment 131254

Not if the kid is your kid. So, this cartoon will only make sense if that kid is not theirs.
It's like going to your child's musical recital. You're only there to listen to your own kid's performance; you can care less about all the others. Any kid who spreads out a 10-page score instills fear into the minds of all parents (well, except that kid's parents). Not-good music is only good when it is in the right context.

How young is young Grace vanerwall is 12. andd Wow. I would have loved to see my kids pick up a musical instrument at 5 0r 6.

How young is young Grace vanerwall is 12. andd Wow. I would have loved to see my kids pick up a musical instrument at 5 0r 6.

Well, if parents looked at the recent videos/photos of her, they might forbid their children from getting near an ukulele.

Top Bottom