Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 462 - Dare To Be Different - like Charley B

Mike Harding a multi instrumentalist and wrote some very funny poems like Ackroyd's Funeral
    But he also had his serious side and Me and my Grandad's mates is one of his best.

Words at http://www.mikeharding.co.uk/books/p...randads-mates/
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 12-22-2020 at 01:23 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Quote Originally Posted by Charley B View Post
    after 2020, you must all realise that wearing a tinfoil hat is the only way forward ...
    I am now a convert.

Hey, Del! Hey, people!

Apologies for not being around for a while (thanks for the shout out and the love, Christopher...really appreciate it!).
    The opportunity to don a tin foil hat has proved too strong a temptation and has dragged me out of my recent funk...

Along with the tin foil headware, I'm bringing a song by one of my heroes - Michael Hurley. In fact, it's the first song that I heard by him and I fell in love instantly. He certainly fits the bill, to my mind, of someone who has always gone his own way. If you're unfamiliar with his work then I wholeheartedly recommend you check him out...

Anyway, it feels good to be back. I've missed you all. X

Last edited by bobjking; 12-22-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Charlie B once covered this song, which I like.

Tried my new acoustic bass guitar on it. A bit too ambitions it seems, but it is a learning proces. Never played bass before it arrived last week.

Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Good evening, Del! I bring you a TIN FOIL HAT!!! Until I looked at the YouTube instructions for the manufacture thereof, I had absolutely no idea of the significance of this particular form of head gear ... in fact, I thought it had been invented by Charley! But, no, it is worn as protection against infiltration by aliens and all things nasty ... although, I am sure that, in Charley's case, it is just to keep his head warm! (This would have arrived much earlier today if we hadn't had a power cut, followed by an Internet which was functioning with all the celerity of a defective snail with a bad limp!) HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

bird's eye view of my tin hat, and a homemade song...

lynda

acid skiffle

It was either this, or Dare to Be Stupid. I decided to hew to more of the themes. I think this hits numbers 1, 3 and 4 of Del's list.

Thanks for hosting Del.

And Happy Holidays to all the Seasonistas and your families. I hope you can find some respite from this crazy year we've had.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Lots of great music and my wish for more tin foil hats was granted! Obviously Sir Charley had to go one better and don a tin foil helmet - oh what a knight!
    Great to see (and hear) Bob back in the fold - we’ve missed you mate! Thank you all - I’m a very happy host!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

A Krabbers song.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Ahoy and wellness to ya'll
    I made a nice tin foil hat and then recorded this

Thread Information