Season 462 - Dare To Be Different - like Charley B

I have always loved Charley's "Tinfoil Hat" image (especially the ones he's put on Laurel & Hardy) and of course I love his accent too.
So, when I saw the theme this week I was inspired to write this little tale about one of his fellow tinfoil hat wearers whose friends didn't understand and the consequences thereof...

I hope you enjoy this little rocker:

Bon Nadal to you all...

Here’s the song I played at Saturday’s Zoom session, with added synth bass, strings, vocal harmonies and tin foil hat! :)

Here's one for the 4th list.

Happy Christmas to all you lovely Seasonistas!

Thanks all so much for your wonderful music so far this week! Just a little reminder that for the duration of Christmas Day there is NO SONG LIMIT - in fact I will extend that gift to the end of Season 462! My gift to you all! I hope that wherever you are and whatever you do it is a lot of fun and filled with love! :)

Got a song idea this morning, and went to the computer to work on it, only to find it had chosen Christmas to die on me. I managed to back some stuff up, and for the last 4 hours it’s been in a repeating loop of checking the hard drive for errors.

So if anyone has a use at this late hour for my Christmas lyric of “rebel without a Claus”, you’re welcome to it.

Got a song idea this morning, and went to the computer to work on it, only to find it had chosen Christmas to die on me. I managed to back some stuff up, and for the last 4 hours it’s been in a repeating loop of checking the hard drive for errors.

So if anyone has a use at this late hour for my Christmas lyric of “rebel without a Claus”, you’re welcome to it.
sorry to hear about that, how frustrating! we have two full posting days left of the season, is there no chance you'll get your computer up and running in time to get a vid done? (perhaps i'm giving away the fact i have no idea just how long that process might take!!!) could you mebbe do a vid on your phone??? i'm in super grumpy mode at the moment - a tier 4 christmas, and last minute lockdown, does that to a gal! - and i'm guessing from your song title, that it's jokey? i dunno if i have it in me to do a funny song, but i'd totally be up for seeing the lyrics and seeing if i could rouse myself up out of my slough of not very festive despond and do something with it... especially if it's infinitely more miserable than i'm expecting, and therefore right up my sad street!

in the meantime here is another cover of one of charley's wonderful original songs, i've mangled it a bit, as i kept thinking the lyrics had a haunting hawkwind-y feel to them, so i hope he will forgive me for bending his song into a wannabe hawkwind-y shape for my cover!

charley's wonderful original vid... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXAqUAH90j0

Last edited:
People who resist colonialism, slavery, imperialism, and fascism are real rebels.

Phil Ochs captured some of that rebellious spirit in this classic...

A merry, safe, and healthy Xmas to you all <3

Nick Drake believed nobody liked his songs and his life ended tragically.
A song for a snowy Saturday morning.

Last edited:
No tinfoil hat, sadly, but here's one by a true rebel. Sing along when appropriate.

societies sometimes celebrate people who swim against the tide, and sometimes they punish them. being true to yourself, and standing up for what's right, has and still does often come at a price. here is a little homemade song about the lonely and scary road some brave folk travel...

"lonely road"

this doesn't fit a category, so it might not count! (oh wait - if it doesn't fit a category, is it breaking the rules? might THAT make it count???!) but it's a little homemade song for charley, inspired by his youtube moniker, and a battle. thank you del for this week's fab theme, and the chance to celebrate charley and his music - he's a great bloke, and a true inspiration. i've delved deeper into his original songs this week, and have been greatly moved and deeply impressed by what i found

"the seventh first (lost forever here)"

well here's the thing del - i had fun bringing an original song which i thought fitted the spirit of your theme and especially option 5

what exactly is your problem?

Last edited:
Top Bottom