Has anybody played KoAloha and Rebel Mango ukuleles side by side?

Lillymo

Reaction score
I had an opportunity to play a KoAloha Mango Concert in direct comparison with a KoAloha Koa Concert and was surprised how much I liked the mango.

Knowing that Rebel ukuleles are made in the same factory as KoAloha's Opio line, I'm curious how KoAloha and Rebel Mango ukes compare. Of course it's completely subjective, but I was wondering if anybody has had a chance to make an in-person comparison of similar models. I'm most interested in concerts (also a fan of Soprano Longneck) but your impressions of any size welcome!

If I’ve missed a similar thread or if you know of a video that features both Koaloha and Rebel mango ukuleles, please redirect me!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I’ve play a soprano Rebel and a concert Koaloaha both in mango. Though not an exact comparison they definitely have very similar tones and you can tell they’re “cousins” ....similar to how close the Opio’s sound which makes sense. I’m a huge fan of The Rebel brand Ukes, they are a fantastic value with great craftsmanship. My Rebel sop is my daily player at the moment. Fantastic sounding little instruments and so easy to play!!

Last edited:
I have played KoAloha mango at my first factory tour more than two years ago and Rebel mango in March when the HMS Kakaako store had closing specials. They were both quite nice ukes and I almost grabbed the Rebel as it was offered for good price. I am not sure which I might prefer if I had opportunity for side by side comparison. But of course they are in two different leagues so I assume people get what suits their league of playing or wallet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom