Steampunk Uke

I've seen photos like this before. I actually love the look, but I think that metal would sure dampen the soundboard. Personally, I'm going to do up a cheap uke to look like one of Dolly Parton's rhinestone covered guitars lol. She plays like 14 different instruments. Pretty amazing woman.
https://images.app.goo.gl/VVCL5iF2oKoCwq749

Last edited:
Definitely a Pohaku! Love Peters instruments.

My new Spruce top concert 10 is just fantastic. He does wonderful work, and is great to work with.

Oh you got that? I've been looking for this NUD. I want pics and sound samples!

I have never done a NUD before, and my playing is a bit "different" than the norm here (punk rock and such, and pretty new ;)). I will do it though at some point. Let me tell you though, I love it!l It has way more base than even any concert I have played, but also has some pretty shimmering high notes. It feels fantastic. It looks just as good. I need the action lowered a bit for my tastes, and the luthier that I trust is 45 minutes away, so once that is done, I will get to the NUD.

I have never done a NUD before, and my playing is a bit "different" than the norm here (punk rock and such, and pretty new ;)). I will do it though at some point. Let me tell you though, I love it!l It has way more base than even any concert I have played, but also has some pretty shimmering high notes. It feels fantastic. It looks just as good. I need the action lowered a bit for my tastes, and the luthier that I trust is 45 minutes away, so once that is done, I will get to the NUD.

Show us a picture, Rich

Tom

Glad to hear that your experience mimics mine. The longer I have mine the more I realize just how great it is!

I've seen photos like this before. I actually love the look, but I think that metal would sure dampen the soundboard.
https://images.app.goo.gl/VVCL5iF2oKoCwq749

I wonder if it really is metal and not a silver-ized finish with pop rivet heads and the witch's hat/wings glued in place? The aging is certainly paint. I can't imagine the bridge being a piece of metal.

Not my cup of tea. Fun and certainly interesting.

I wonder if it really is metal and not a silver-ized finish with pop rivet heads and the witch's hat/wings glued in place? The aging is certainly paint. I can't imagine the bridge being a piece of metal.

Not my cup of tea. Fun and certainly interesting.

What do you think? Actually does look like there's some kind of trim
http://www.pohakuukulele.com/steam-punk-no-2

Top Bottom