Jupiter and Saturn are at it again

Mike $

Reaction score
Just looked up in the sky about half-way between the moon and the sunset to see the convergence of Jupiter and Saturn. According to myth, Jupiter made Saturn vomit up all of Jupiter's brothers and sisters and they together overthrew Saturn and the Titans. I wonder what Jupiter is up to this time...Did anyone else check this out, or are you all too busy playing your Uke? It won't happen for another 800 years so most of you won't have the chance to see it again.

Last edited:
Looks like a bright star with naked eye.

Looks like this through binoculars:
Christmas star 2020-1502.jpg

Looks like this from much closer up:
132134290_10219295364796542_7168006896744412579_n.jpg

impressive moons and Saturn! Can you share the setup (through telescope or what lens?)

Fantastic photo Ukecaster, did you take that one?

By the way Uke-people, Tonight will be the last day of spectacular viewing of these two so close together. Go outside 45 mins or so after sundown and in between the moon and the sunset, you should be able to see these two planets tonight, with the naked eye (if your eyes aren't too bashful to go outside nude).

No, my brother in FL sent that to me, sent to him by a friend, so I have no idea of the setup, sorry.

Fantastic photo Ukecaster, did you take that one?

By the way Uke-people, Tonight will be the last day of spectacular viewing of these two so close together. Go outside 45 mins or so after sundown and in between the moon and the sunset, you should be able to see these two planets tonight, with the naked eye (if your eyes aren't too bashful to go outside nude).

..or if you aren't living in cloud covered Northwest Europe.

Top Bottom