Classical music books for Low G

cFloor

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking for some new sheet music or song books. I enjoy playing classical as well as some traditional. I've really enjoyed Daniel Ho's books and some of Cory's songs that I've downloaded from HMS, such as his rendition of Canon. I would love to find some more music written for Low G. Specifically, Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca would be high on the list of songs I'd like to learn. Thank you

If you can read sheet music, just buy anything, written for any instrument (preferably with a treble clef) and play it on your ukulele. Sometimes it is necessary to transpose the key in order to use as much of the fret board as possible. Other than that, it is fairly straightforward.

Have you seen Putters tabs on this forum, he deserves a pat on the back.

If you can read sheet music, just buy anything, written for any instrument (preferably with a treble clef) and play it on your ukulele. Sometimes it is necessary to transpose the key in order to use as much of the fret board as possible. Other than that, it is fairly straightforward.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is something I really need to dive into. To be honest, it's a bit intimidating but I know this is the direction I'd like to go.

Jeff Peterson's "Graded Repertoire for Classical Ukulele" is great for Low G arrangements. Difficulty levels range from Beginner/Intermediate all the way to "Not in My Lifetime!" :rolleyes:

I also highly recommend Putter's classical (and other) arrangements. He's an amazing resource!

Go to the Sub-Forum “Ukulele Tabs and Chords.” One of the most recent threads was started by Putter and it contains a direct link to his book of classical music tabs.

Jan D, Dohle, Thanks! I played a couple songs this morning from Putters tabs. I'll definitely be checking out some more. Thank you

Last edited:
Jeff Peterson's "Graded Repertoire for Classical Ukulele" is great for Low G arrangements. Difficulty levels range from Beginner/Intermediate all the way to "Not in My Lifetime!" :rolleyes:

I also highly recommend Putter's classical (and other) arrangements. He's an amazing resource!

Awesome! Thank you for the recommendation. I bought Jeff Peterson's book off Amazon last night. I love the idea that there's songs at the end of the book that I'll likely have to work towards. Thank you so much, I'm excited!

Last edited:

Thanks again for recommending Jeff Peterson's book. It arrived a couple days ago and I'm loving it!

Top Bottom