Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classical music books for Low G

Default Classical music books for Low G

Hi everyone, I am looking for some new sheet music or song books. I enjoy playing classical as well as some traditional. I've really enjoyed Daniel Ho's books and some of Cory's songs that I've downloaded from HMS, such as his rendition of Canon. I would love to find some more music written for Low G. Specifically, Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca would be high on the list of songs I'd like to learn. Thank you

If you can read sheet music, just buy anything, written for any instrument (preferably with a treble clef) and play it on your ukulele. Sometimes it is necessary to transpose the key in order to use as much of the fret board as possible. Other than that, it is fairly straightforward.

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

Try something from Ondrej Sarek. He posts videos and is active here and his material is available on amazon.

Have you seen Putters tabs on this forum, he deserves a pat on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by ripock View Post
    If you can read sheet music, just buy anything, written for any instrument (preferably with a treble clef) and play it on your ukulele. Sometimes it is necessary to transpose the key in order to use as much of the fret board as possible. Other than that, it is fairly straightforward.
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is something I really need to dive into. To be honest, it's a bit intimidating but I know this is the direction I'd like to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Paipo View Post
    Have you seen Putters tabs on this forum, he deserves a pat on the back.

I don't think I've seen Putters tabs but I'll take a look now. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh42 View Post
    Try something from Ondrej Sarek. He posts videos and is active here and his material is available on amazon.
    Thank you for the recommendation, I will take a look today.

Quote Originally Posted by cFloor View Post
    I don't think I've seen Putters tabs but I'll take a look now. Thanks so much!
    I think Paipo was referring to this: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-low-G-Ukulele

You should definitely check that link out. I haven't played much from those tabs but the ones I checked seemed excellent. Putter has some other really nice tabs on the tab section of this forum as well.

Jeff Peterson's "Graded Repertoire for Classical Ukulele" is great for Low G arrangements. Difficulty levels range from Beginner/Intermediate all the way to "Not in My Lifetime!"

I also highly recommend Putter's classical (and other) arrangements. He's an amazing resource!
    Larry

KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    KALA SOLID FLAME MAPLE CONCERT
    JUPITER UKULELE TENOR #77, REDWOOD/SYCAMORE
    ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR" (LOW "G")
    ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR (LOW "G")
    OHANA BK-70M BARITONE

Go to the Sub-Forum “Ukulele Tabs and Chords.” One of the most recent threads was started by Putter and it contains a direct link to his book of classical music tabs.
    KoAloha KCM-00
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele
    Kala KA-SLNG
    Flight TUS35

Thread Information