Carulli - Andanino Op. 241, No. 20 (Oceana Concert)

Lapyang

Reaction score
I saw a piece on FB group-Ukulele Solo, about UK based musician Paul Mansell. I then checked out his website and books. A very talented musician. I got his Classical Uke book and this is one of the arrangements.

Played on a Oceana Concert Ukulele. Myrtle top, Walnut Back and sides. Scalloped pistachio fretboard. Stringed with Fremont black line re-entrant set.

Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Very nice, Joseph! One question...I have Paul Mansell's "Classical Uke" book but I don't see an arrangement by that name. Am I missing something?

Nicely executed intonation.

Well played, Joseph!

Wow, what a nice looking uke! Good job on the piece, too.

Fill us in, please, what are the advantages/disadvantages of a scalloped fret board?

Wow, what a nice looking uke! Good job on the piece, too.

Fill us in, please, what are the advantages/disadvantages of a scalloped fret board?

Thank you, Nickie.

Scalloped fretboard is very smooth when sliding up and down the board. It has all rounded edges. It feels like waves. With practices, it is supposed to be much faster when fingering, so one can play very fast passages easier. Now, I haven’t practiced enough to feel the benefits yet. It feels quite different than regular fretboard, it does take some time getting used to.

1DE2D19C-ECF1-45F0-9B98-0E85459DFE99.jpg
019689C7-CBA5-4973-8AC6-BC69CE99B5DF.jpg
FE6C66C1-0641-4B0B-BC39-6438170C1607.jpg

Top Bottom