Season 463: Justice Matters

I love this song so sad but rocking'. I tried very hard to get the strum pattern down and I did but I just couldn't sing at the same time :)

Last edited:
Phew ... I've done it! I bring you a villain, a cowboy on a horse and a dancing bride, and, in the end ... justice! We are forty minutes into 2021 here in France, so, again, Happy New Year to one and all!

I'm protesting having to do a song when a theme, and in protesting I am seeking justice!

Or maybe I just felt like noodling, practicing my recording and production and wanted to put the ukulele on display mostly clean (just a touch of reverb called "Packed audience.")

I am still hoping The Griffs do this with the synthesiser and harmony vocals, but here is my take on this Neil Young classic:

Tom Dooley was a real person.Laura Foster was his lover.He was found guilty of stabbing her to death and hanged for murder.However a certain Anne Melton confessed to the murder on her deathbed.She allegedly confessed to having killed Laura in a fit of jealousy and begged Tom to help her conceal the body.If true it was a massive injustice.
Happy new year to everyone and sympathy to Val for her misfortune.

I went for low hanging fruit with this because A) i like it, a lot b) it fits and c) i know it inside out and therefore gives me a chance to try out my christmas Present....betcha can't guess what it was....no, not a banjo !! .....Might even fit the Umpty tump / 4 and the 7.5/4 time category as well. This is the first time that I have used it on a recording . Got to be a first time ,righ'?

Here's my attempt at the secondary theme for Season #463.
I've stretched an old fiddle tune, Devil's Dream, into 5/4 time.
I found that if you're not used to it, it's easy to drift back into either waltz time or 4/4 time. My apologies for the clams, but this was my 3rd take and supper's gettin' cold.

Last edited:
The rank we have in this world is like the stamp
on a golden coin but it is the man himself is the gold.
A Robert Burns poem set to music.

One that we have heard many times in the Seasons previous, but a theme about in/justice seems empty w/o it (and I have been looking for an excuse to play this for a while).

I wrote this song in 2019 and recorded it in 2020. But it was not for a UU Season. Seems like this is the season for it. So I will just leave it here.

Brian, Let me know if this is too much and I can delete this post. But when we talk about justice, I guess it hits a chord with me. Here's a ukulele song I did in response to Sutherland Springs, Sandy Hook, Orlando, Vegas, Charleston, and Parkland. Inspired by the song, “Angels of December” by Alan Peschke with permission.

Last edited:
I tried to learn this wonderful Labi Siffre song for an earlier Season, but I couldn't get it together in just one week.

This song resonates with everyone who's struggled against oppression. I hope it resonates with you, too.

And I hope everyone will do whatever they can to struggle for a little more justice in our world <3

Top Bottom