Season 463: Justice Matters

playlist still not working for me - is it public? i can't see it in the playlist section on your channel.
i wonder if it might be somehow set to private? i think that's the only reason it could be working perfectly for you, but remain invisible to the rest of us.

Last edited:
playlist still not working for me - is it public? i can't see it in the playlist section on your channel.
i wonder if it might be somehow set to private? i think that's the only reason it could be working perfectly for you, but remain invisible to the rest of us.

That was it - I had it set to “private”. I’m 99 and 49/100 percent sure it will now worketh

That was it - I had it set to “private”. I’m 99 and 49/100 percent sure it will now worketh

But you must be aware that, according to renowned statistician Todd Snider:

They say 65% of all statistics
Are made up right there on the spot
82.4% of people believe 'em
Whether they're accurate statistics or not
I don't know what you believe
But I do know there's no doubt
I need another double-shot of something 90-proof
I got too much to think about.

I wasn't sure if I'd get one done this week after not being able to do one last week. Life got in the way last week in the form of my wife spending a night in hospital. Fortunately nothing too serious. She had an infection (bacterial not viral, fortunately) and was out the next day with antibiotics. With her having had a transplant, what are mild infections for most people can be serious for her as her immune system isn't fully functional.

Anyway, enough whingeing. Here is a light hearted take on justice from a 19th century broadside. Farm girl gets one over posh boy.

I think this fits
Happy new year everyone.

There must be some justice if the law wins the fight.

Last edited:
This is applying heavy doses of the Great Man Thornton himself. Hopefully it's acceptable.

SOTU 463- "$20 Bill (For George Floyd)" by Tom Prasado Rao. Discovered this poignant song recently and thought it fit the theme perfectly.

thank you for hosting this week, Brian.
i have missed the forum and everyone here.
i've seen a neurologist and plastics at the hospital and it would appear i have
crushed nerves stemming from my left elbow and causing numbness and weakness
in my fretting hand, particularly severe in my pinkie and ring finger -
hence why i have not been able to play for some months.
i am having an operation in the new year which i hope will restore sensitivity and flexibility
though i've been told there is no guarantee of success. but here's hoping.
anyway, i stumbled through a simple song today using mainly my 1st and 2nd fingers.
the G chord was a struggle but after a while i managed to get through it.
i wish you all friendship and good health and a positive year ahead.
xo

Hey John, perhaps try some open tunings and a slide to keep on keeping on. a small pinky slide perhaps . Just a thought , be well.

QUELLE HORREUR!!!! We have just spent the last four days snowbound and without electricity. On Sunday, the Internet went because of snow on the dish, then the TV in the evening, and the electricity went off during the night. We have been surviving with our log burner and a gas hob and lots of candles. All the food in the freezer is spoiled. I NEED SYMPATHY ... and JUSTICE!!!! Assuming the power stays on - we've only had it restored for half-an-hour - I hope to be able to come up with something in the next day or so, Brian, and listen to everyone else's contributions. HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

QUELLE HORREUR!!!! We have just spent the last four days snowbound and without electricity. On Sunday, the Internet went because of snow on the dish, then the TV in the evening, and the electricity went off during the night. We have been surviving with our log burner and a gas hob and lots of candles. All the food in the freezer is spoiled. I NEED SYMPATHY ... and JUSTICE!!!! Assuming the power stays on - we've only had it restored for half-an-hour - I hope to be able to come up with something in the next day or so, Brian, and listen to everyone else's contributions. HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Wow!!! That takes coziness just a bit too far. Ironic your freezer food went bad with all that snow outside (jus’ sayin’).

So you want sympathy, and we require a song. Ok we’re sorry such circumstances have befallen thou. Now get thee to work!!

Last edited:
thank you for hosting this week, Brian.
i have missed the forum and everyone here.
i've seen a neurologist and plastics at the hospital and it would appear i have
crushed nerves stemming from my left elbow and causing numbness and weakness
in my fretting hand, particularly severe in my pinkie and ring finger -
hence why i have not been able to play for some months.
i am having an operation in the new year which i hope will restore sensitivity and flexibility
though i've been told there is no guarantee of success. but here's hoping.
anyway, i stumbled through a simple song today using mainly my 1st and 2nd fingers.
the G chord was a struggle but after a while i managed to get through it.
i wish you all friendship and good health and a positive year ahead.
xo

Wow, Jon!! It’s so so good to see this - thanks so much for joining us for this final season of a ROTTEN year. I’ve thought about you a lot since you posted about your hand on “the Island” back in October. This video is really an unexpected treat.

I am super hopeful that you can find some improvement with your pending operation. And it’s really really great to see and hear your art, as always.

Cheers, Jon

Wow!!! That takes coziness just a bit too far. Ironic your freezer food went bad with all that snow outside (jus’ sayin’).

So you want sympathy, and we require a song. Ok we’re sorry such circumstances have befallen thou. Now get thee to work!!

OK ... song coming up! (I didn't have the idea of actually burying the stuff from the freezer in the snow until it had already gone off ... I have a feeling that it might have been dug up by passing animals if I'd done that anyway! I appreciate your sympathy, Brian ... thank you!)

Brian, you’re a tough taskmaster. Val, our sympathies!

Here’s one that must be included. Plus, I enjoy playing it. Happy New Year!

Top Bottom