Looking for a high quality painted uke

maxmax

Reaction score
Hey Gang!

I’d like to get a painted soprano ukulele. I’m not sure of the exact motif, but something with a vintage vibe that looks fun and not too serious. But the kicker is, I still want it to actually be a serious instrument that sounds and plays great and I’m prepared to spend some cash on it.

I know Joel Eckhaus used to offer some fun looking ukes including a painted model, but his website doesn’t seem to be up anymore so I guess he retired from building? But if you have any tips for someone else to look at I would greatly appreciate it!

I guess I could also look into having a uke painted by someone as well, so if you know anyone that has experience with that and is really good at it, I would welcome recommendations on that too! I’m not looking for a DIY project. :rolleyes:

Many thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Hi Maxmax,

Don't give up! The forum is playing up a bit at present. "High quality" and "painted" don't usually go together. I look forward to seeing what you have in mind.

John Colter

Thanks John. Yeah it cut off my post, but I edited it so now I think everything is there. :eek:

I have to agree that high quality and painted don’t usually go together. The only thing that comes to mind is some of Pop’s Pineapple Sunday ukes which have painted art on them. Sometimes Uke Like The Pros has some. There are a couple on the UkeSA site right now.

Thanks so far guys, I appreciate the help!

Your best bet would be to get the uke you want and then have someone paint it. I did that with a Fluke - a Cape Cod sunset from a photo. I also did some painting myself. If you look for the right uke with the right painting, you'll be compromising.

An alternative to painting is printing on adhesive vinyl. The Magic Fluke will put the picture of your choice onto one of their instruments.

103.jpg 05.jpg

01-3.jpg 1.jpg

I'm not a big fan of painted ukuleles, but these Kiwaya 100th anniversary models look pretty.

Please post pictures when it arrives whichever one you get.

Sure thing. I’ve emailed David Talsma, but think he has a long waiting time, so if he is still taking orders it’s probably going to be a while.

Sure thing. I’ve emailed David Talsma, but think he has a long waiting time, so if he is still taking orders it’s probably going to be a while.

Oh nice! What an adventure.

I'm not a big fan of painted ukuleles, but these Kiwaya 100th anniversary models look pretty.

Gorgeous. But calling that a painted ukulele is a bit of a misnomer. It

Yeah! It all depends upon what you mean by a painted ukulele.

John Colter

Yes, it is a beauty, and it looks better in person. It isn't actually paint. They use a process something like enameling. I have a different season.

08.jpg

Top Bottom