How many ukes did you buy in 2020?

How many did you buy in 2020

• Total voters
I bought two; my custom Jupiter Tenor and an Ohana Baritone. If you count the custom build I purchased and then returned because of quality issues, it's three.

Bought three, two tenors and a super concert. Giving away one. So net gain of two. Bought a bunch of microphones however. All in all, I’ve been relatively well behaved.

I put down 5 but forgot the 2 I just gave away, the Martin on the wall, the Just Povlsen on the wall and the one in the car ;-)

I have a lot of ukuleles even a banjolele but have taken up the mandolin, so now I can buy again :D:D

That 4% figure indicates you're into Jerry territory. Wonder if he bought more than 25 this year. Of course I'm assuming that's one tenor - if you bought 2 tenors, that's 4% of 50 ukes ... etc, etc!!!

Only 2 for me this year, but still 2 more than I planned.

Interesting, I never even think that the 4% can give away the number; good catch. Your 25 uke guess is very close; the actual number was 26.
But 2020 was my first year, so I was excited, experimenting, and bought too many. Fortunately, I've found my uke in the process.
Like you, I don't want to buy any more; but you never know.

I got 21 this year, about half of what I got last year, so that's progress.

Wow, 42.
But, even more amazing, IMHO, is that you keep many of the ukes you buy.
I bought a bunch, but only kept a few. In fact, I'm stilling wanting to sell some and just keep 2.

Early last year my GF noticed me looking at ukulele's in a music store, bought me a starter concert uku. Eight months later I traded it in for an upgrade and went with a tenor. This xmas she bought me a banjolele (these are fun to play!).

Bought 1,
Given 2?

Maybe, but you've got some wonderful instruments in your stable. Would be a challenge to select which to set free.

Bluesy.

Bought 7 in 2020. After two years of suffering from UAS, hope to be able to better control myself and buy only one or two at most in 2021.

Hi, I am new here.

I bought 1 Ukulele last year - my 1st Ukulele.
A Makala MK Tenor Acoustic/Electric. I know it is a budget one, but I am very happy with it.
My next step is getting new strings and trying the low g.

PS: If I may ask, I tried to figure out how to join upcoming contests, but I don't know. If anybody could let me know here or as a message?

If you include the one that I bought for my kid that kicked off my dive into ukulele, I bought 13 in 2020. All used - only 4 were over $100, and only 1 of those 4 was more than $160.

Hi, I am new here.

I bought 1 Ukulele last year - my 1st Ukulele.
A Makala MK Tenor Acoustic/Electric. I know it is a budget one, but I am very happy with it.
My next step is getting new strings and trying the low g.

PS: If I may ask, I tried to figure out how to join upcoming contests, but I don't know. If anybody could let me know here or as a message?

The acoustic version of that uke was my first one too. :)

If you mean The Seasons of the Ukulele, you just need to create a video of you playing, (it needs to be hosted on another site like Youtube), then you copy the URL into your post, & that's it. You'll be welcomed by the weeks host, & many other participants, it can be good fun, all the best. :music:

I am new to Ukes and started playing in 2020. I bought three. All Makala one baritone and two tenors. On tenor is strung high-g and the other, when it arrives, will be strung high-g.

None. Still only have 2 arms and would hate to have ukuleles become clutter rather than instruments.

I've been pretty happy with what I have so I did not buy another ukulele this year. I did buy two guitars though.

Top Bottom