How many ukes did you buy in 2020?

How many did you buy in 2020

• Total voters

clear

Reaction score
Yesterday, I decided to count the number of ukes I bought since I started playing this year.

When I realized I couldn't track them in my head, I started a spreadsheet. Just when I thought I had listed them all, I found a few more when I reviewed my purchases online (I even missed a uke that I've praised on this very forum!). Then I remembered 2 mores ukes that I had given to my parents.

Anyway, since I've got this list in a spreadsheet, here're some stats:

73% sopranos
23% concerts
4% tenors

12% $0 - $100
38% $100 - $500
38% $500 - $1000
12% $1000+

I bought two bass ukes and one tenor ukulele, but I bought two others last year that arrived in January of this year, though both still keeps me in the 1-5 category. I also sold one tenor uke, and if it happens in the next day, one bass uke.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

That 4% figure indicates you're into Jerry territory. Wonder if he bought more than 25 this year. Of course I'm assuming that's one tenor - if you bought 2 tenors, that's 4% of 50 ukes ... etc, etc!!!

Only 2 for me this year, but still 2 more than I planned.

As a performer stuck at home most of the year, I barely bought any music gear in 2020, let alone a uke. In fact, it's crossed my mind several times to just sell my PA and start over when things are less crappy.

Acquired 3, but one was gifted, one was a trade, and another was sold. So net of zero

Perhaps only in this regard, 2020 has been a good year. I’ve sold or traded 5, and added 3. And along the way, most importantly, I met some very gracious folks from this board. One can never have too many friends. I think I’m set now on ukes but look forward to making new friends.

I was given a uke and bought three used ones.

I bought one in 2020 but I also received one back in Feb. which I officially purchased in 2019 so bought one, received two.

Last edited:
All tenor Ukuleles
Bought: 7
Sold: 3
Donated: 2
========
Net Gain: 2

All of my purchases were used tenors.

I only bought four, but I had two given to me. All sopranos, of course.

I sold one.

John Colter

No new ukes this year. I’m happy with my 4 tenors, Kamala, Kamala 8 string, CE1 and Fluke. I did add four guitars, Martin 1937 D-28, 1929 Martin O-45, 1960’s Martin D-12-20 and 1920’s Sears Supertone parlor guitar.

Last edited:
I think I bought three and sold or traded four. Its surprisingly hard to remember.

I did buy ONE, but it was unsatisfactory so I sent it back. So, does that still count as UAS?

I bought 9, but sold 3 in 2020.

This is about the same as 2019.

I'll see if I can get that first number down and that second number up in 2021...

Top Bottom