View Poll Results: How many will you buy?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

34 44.16%
  • 1-5

40 51.95%
  • 6-10

2 2.60%
  • 10-20

1 1.30%
  • 21+

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict your 2021 UAS; how many will you buy?

Default Predict your 2021 UAS; how many will you buy?

Self-fulfilling prophecy? We shall see.

I'm going the opposite direction. I thought I hit my limit with 9 ukes, but only 8 will fit in my humidified display case, so I just sold one. I also stopped at 30 bass ukes/mini bass guitars, but found that only 28 will fit comfortably on my walls, so I'm going to sell two. The only way I would buy any others is to sell one I have, which at the moment I have no intention on doing.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Ditto. I'm aiming to trim down and get rid of the ones I don't play regularly. Of course, I think I said the same thing last year and still ended up a bari and a ubass.
    Hard to sell locally in lockdown, and nothing I have is worth shipping. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Might buy one nice one if and big IF, I can go debt free next year!

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

There are a lot of wonderful instruments out there there. The desire to try them all or as many as possible is certainly there. But I have 4 ukulele's I really like and that really is enough for me. I'd likely have to sell one to get one and I don't see that happening soon. Oh, I'd graciously accept another uke as a gift, put in for a raffle or drawing, maybe rescue an vintage/interesting one from a thrift/antique store/garage sale. But I'm not likely to actively pursue an new to me uke in 2021. I am content with what I have. Working on skills and songs is more of a draw right now.

I voted 1-5, only because I already have a Collings Tenor on order. After that, no mas!
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Steedy View Post
    I voted 1-5, only because I already have a Collings Tenor on order. After that, no mas!
    Did Collings give you an estimate for when it will complete or is this a second hand?

I need to reduce my herd of tenors.

I'll most likely buy 1 or 2 in 2021.

I'm going to focus on video lessons and advancing my skills. If my hands hold out.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by kerneltime View Post
    Did Collings give you an estimate for when it will complete or is this a second hand?
    I've been waiting five months for a new Collings uke and still no ETA. Back in June of 2020, Collings announced they were going to make a few more ukuleles, and Artisan Guitars in Nashville told me they were due to receive three of them, two tenors and a concert. In July, I put down a deposit with Artisan to reserve one of the tenors for me, and have been waiting ever since.

I emailed Artisan about it a couple of times, and on November 5th, Bill Warmoth, owner of Artisan Guitars, said he called Collings for an update, and was told my UT2K was "still in line for buffing, where it has been for a while, although the line is getting shorter".

Hopefully, it won't be much longer until it arrives. Then we'll see if it was worth the wait.
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

Is this a new years resolutions thread?

"this year I will not buy more ukes!"
    Come february: "Oh, this new model just came out, and this one is on sale..."

Since I got my Cocobolo back in the spring, I dont drool over ukes the way I used to. I wonder if my UAS is cured or I will start again.
    Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Thread Information