Predict your 2021 UAS; how many will you buy?

How many will you buy?

• Total voters

clear

Reaction score
Self-fulfilling prophecy? We shall see.

I'm going the opposite direction. I thought I hit my limit with 9 ukes, but only 8 will fit in my humidified display case, so I just sold one. I also stopped at 30 bass ukes/mini bass guitars, but found that only 28 will fit comfortably on my walls, so I'm going to sell two. The only way I would buy any others is to sell one I have, which at the moment I have no intention on doing.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Ditto. I'm aiming to trim down and get rid of the ones I don't play regularly. Of course, I think I said the same thing last year and still ended up a bari and a ubass.
Hard to sell locally in lockdown, and nothing I have is worth shipping. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

There are a lot of wonderful instruments out there there. The desire to try them all or as many as possible is certainly there. But I have 4 ukulele's I really like and that really is enough for me. I'd likely have to sell one to get one and I don't see that happening soon. Oh, I'd graciously accept another uke as a gift, put in for a raffle or drawing, maybe rescue an vintage/interesting one from a thrift/antique store/garage sale. But I'm not likely to actively pursue an new to me uke in 2021. I am content with what I have. Working on skills and songs is more of a draw right now.

I voted 1-5, only because I already have a Collings Tenor on order. After that, no mas! :cool:

I need to reduce my herd of tenors.

I'll most likely buy 1 or 2 in 2021.

I'm going to focus on video lessons and advancing my skills. If my hands hold out.

Did Collings give you an estimate for when it will complete or is this a second hand?

I've been waiting five months for a new Collings uke and still no ETA. Back in June of 2020, Collings announced they were going to make a few more ukuleles, and Artisan Guitars in Nashville told me they were due to receive three of them, two tenors and a concert. In July, I put down a deposit with Artisan to reserve one of the tenors for me, and have been waiting ever since.

I emailed Artisan about it a couple of times, and on November 5th, Bill Warmoth, owner of Artisan Guitars, said he called Collings for an update, and was told my UT2K was "still in line for buffing, where it has been for a while, although the line is getting shorter".

Hopefully, it won't be much longer until it arrives. Then we'll see if it was worth the wait.

Is this a new years resolutions thread?

"this year I will not buy more ukes!"
Come february: "Oh, this new model just came out, and this one is on sale..."

Since I got my Cocobolo back in the spring, I dont drool over ukes the way I used to. I wonder if my UAS is cured or I will start again.

I put 1 but depending on how you look at it, the answer may be 0. In reality, I'm on a build list and planning to defer the build to December of 2021 and will take delivery either late that month or in January 2022. I think it counts against 2021 UAS, even if I don't probably won't have it in hand until 2022. I have 2 good ukes now, one tuned linear and the other reentrant. Given that I just play for myself, 3 will probably be enough for me.

I haven't bought a uke for three years and don't expect to in 2021. That is, unless my good one gets broken.

There is just one I want to part trade one of my existing ukes for. I would expect that to happen in the next 12 months. That's it though I think.

My current stable is pretty good. All the instruments are better than me as a player and I have most of the options covered. I don't care for sopranos, so I don't need one, I've got both High and Low G tunings on my Tenors, a decent Baritone, and my Concerts are great-sounding ukes. I satisfied one of my big goals this year with the commissioning and purchase of a custom instrument (Jupiter Tenor) so that's covered. We'll see if that keeps me satisfied for the next 12 months. It would probably take something super-special for me to crack open my wallet. One thing I might do is have pickups installed in a couple of the instruments. I have a Misi in my Jupiter Tenor and I'm really enjoying fooling around with it.

I just bought a piano and a guitar. If I bring another uke in the house Im gonna be having some problems :uhoh:

Unless I play much better, probably none, though I'm allowing for one. If I'm better, I'll think about it. I may build a couple of cookie tin or cigar box ukes for fun though. I just like building them. Oh, I might bling out a cheapie with Rhinestones just to look like a tiny Dolly Parton instrument lol. Again, just a fun thing, I wouldn't expect great playability.
I really like my Kala cedar and my Mainland mahogany. They feel good in my hands.

I expect to order one custom uke this coming year. And that’s all. However, if something interesting comes up in the Marketplace . . . . .

I voted none for this year because I am completely satisfied with my two ukuleles (one in low G, one in high G). Obviously I am a player and not a collector. And I'm very monogamous; I don't play to play around. I play my particular ukes because I have a connection with them. I know their frets and I like that familiarity. I am, however, saving up for a $4000 baritone to complete my collection. I haven't bespoken it yet, but I know what I want will cost about that much.

None for me. I am happy with the blessings I have. Focused this year on playing. The only thing that might tempt me is a vintage baritone. But I’m not looking. Now strings are another matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom