View Poll Results: How many will you buy?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

34 43.59%
  • 1-5

41 52.56%
  • 6-10

2 2.56%
  • 10-20

1 1.28%
  • 21+

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Predict your 2021 UAS; how many will you buy?

The expectation is 0. The likely reality is 1, maybe 2 (with 1 or 2 others being sold)

I put 1 but depending on how you look at it, the answer may be 0. In reality, I'm on a build list and planning to defer the build to December of 2021 and will take delivery either late that month or in January 2022. I think it counts against 2021 UAS, even if I don't probably won't have it in hand until 2022. I have 2 good ukes now, one tuned linear and the other reentrant. Given that I just play for myself, 3 will probably be enough for me.

I haven't bought a uke for three years and don't expect to in 2021. That is, unless my good one gets broken.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

There is just one I want to part trade one of my existing ukes for. I would expect that to happen in the next 12 months. That's it though I think.
    Kamaka HF-3DC - KoAloha KTM-S00 - Kanile'a SUS B DLX - Kanile'a K-1B - Pono MGTP5-PC

My current stable is pretty good. All the instruments are better than me as a player and I have most of the options covered. I don't care for sopranos, so I don't need one, I've got both High and Low G tunings on my Tenors, a decent Baritone, and my Concerts are great-sounding ukes. I satisfied one of my big goals this year with the commissioning and purchase of a custom instrument (Jupiter Tenor) so that's covered. We'll see if that keeps me satisfied for the next 12 months. It would probably take something super-special for me to crack open my wallet. One thing I might do is have pickups installed in a couple of the instruments. I have a Misi in my Jupiter Tenor and I'm really enjoying fooling around with it.
    Larry

KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    KALA SOLID FLAME MAPLE CONCERT
    JUPITER UKULELE TENOR #77, REDWOOD/SYCAMORE
    ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR" (LOW "G")
    ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR (LOW "G")
    OHANA BK-70M BARITONE

I just bought a piano and a guitar. If I bring another uke in the house Im gonna be having some problems

Unless I play much better, probably none, though I'm allowing for one. If I'm better, I'll think about it. I may build a couple of cookie tin or cigar box ukes for fun though. I just like building them. Oh, I might bling out a cheapie with Rhinestones just to look like a tiny Dolly Parton instrument lol. Again, just a fun thing, I wouldn't expect great playability.
    I really like my Kala cedar and my Mainland mahogany. They feel good in my hands.

I expect to order one custom uke this coming year. And that’s all. However, if something interesting comes up in the Marketplace . . . . .
    Kamaka HF3
    Kanilea KSE SCP
    Martin T1K
    Martin 0 (2) (50s)
    Martin 1M (60s)
    Martin 2M (50s)
    Martin 3M (30s)
    Gibson T1
    Kamaka soprano (white label)
    Gretsch soprano (50s)
    Harmony baritone
    Favilla baritone
    Randolph Ukulele tenor
    Martin T15 Tiple
    Fluke Koa concert

I voted none for this year because I am completely satisfied with my two ukuleles (one in low G, one in high G). Obviously I am a player and not a collector. And I'm very monogamous; I don't play to play around. I play my particular ukes because I have a connection with them. I know their frets and I like that familiarity. I am, however, saving up for a $4000 baritone to complete my collection. I haven't bespoken it yet, but I know what I want will cost about that much.

None for me. I am happy with the blessings I have. Focused this year on playing. The only thing that might tempt me is a vintage baritone. But I’m not looking. Now strings are another matter.
    Last edited by about2; 12-31-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Thread Information