View Poll Results: How many will you buy?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

34 43.59%
  • 1-5

41 52.56%
  • 6-10

2 2.56%
  • 10-20

1 1.28%
  • 21+

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Predict your 2021 UAS; how many will you buy?

I voted for "1-5" but, like others have stated, I hope to sell off more than I buy in 2021.
    Kumu TF-72 Thinbody Feather tenor
    Ohana CK-35s concert
    Kala KA-TEM tenor - sold
    Kmise Tiger Flame Okoume concert - sold
    2012 Islander MST-4 tenor - sold
    Luna UKE-GWC concert - sold
    Ohana SK-10 soprano - gifted
    2018 Koaloha KCO-10S Spruce Opio concert
    Kala KA-SLNG Mahogany Long Neck soprano
    2014 The Rebel "Tiramisu" thin body concert
    Islander AT-CUT
    Kala KA-SML-SLNG Mahogany Lite Long Neck soprano
    2018 Koaloha KTO-10S Spruce Opio tenor

I voted 1-5. I have only 1 (a concert flea that I like), but would like a rebel mango tenor or anuenue bird - cedar or spruce, though I’ve been quite interested in Kamakas lately.
    Last edited by thaidye39; 12-31-2020 at 05:43 PM.

I've been on a downward trend from my peak 3 years ago (6-4-2) so I'm hoping that means zero this year as I currently don't want to sell any.
    Glenn

I voted "1-5" and have only 1 uke that I can see myself adding to compliment the others that I already have. I also have one uke that I will consider letting go, so possibly the sum will be zero.

One :-)

It arrives Monday (Jan 4th)

A Ko'Aloha KSM-03 long neck pineapple soprano.
    Thank you Mim ! ( BTW, she's closed that week for rest and inventory! )
    KoAloha KSM-10 Pikake ::: Kanile'a Islander MAPG-4-C ::: Kanile'a K-2 Super Concert ::: Kala KA-SSTU-S ::: Fender Montecito Tenor Koa ::: KoAloha Silver Anniversary KCM-00 #060 ::: Antica Ukuleleria Concert Libero ::: Pono TE-MD-R

1. Sell a guitar
    2. Buy a uke.

One of the things I'm doing is reviewing ukuleles, hopefully in a different enough way from Barry's reviews to add some value in the ukulele community, albeit with my perspective as a teacher. That said, I've been working hard to establish some relationships with brands that have dealers in my area...in the Twin Cities, that's a limited number...so that I can borrow ukuleles and return them rather than receive them for review. That said, I'm sure I'll be buying at least 20 throughout the year for review purposes, and probably one more "big" purchase this year. I bought a Kanile'a at the end of 2020, so it will be a while before I'm ready for the next big purchase. Most of my purchases are low cost Amazon finds.

I'm also in the process of buying a set of 30 Aiersi Pineapples, which I liked so much, to sell at a local flea market later this year, as well as to put on local Facebook and Craigslist listings, for a small profit. I'll also have them to give away. I don't know if buying a set of ukuleles to resell counts, so I did not include those.

Oh...the first purchase of 2021 happened this evening. A subscriber to my channel sent me an e-mail to tell me about the Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Hour, a Hilo Concert that lists at $299 for $29. Yeah...the list price is nuts (elsewhere on the site it says $149), and it's probably the equivalent of a $60 Amazon ukulele. Still...not bad for $29, and it takes care of one of 52 weeks to try to fill with reviews this year.
    Last edited by Choirguy; 01-01-2021 at 08:54 PM.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    One of the things I'm doing is reviewing ukuleles, hopefully in a different enough way from Barry's reviews to add some value in the ukulele community, albeit with my perspective as a teacher. That said, I've been working hard to establish some relationships with brands that have dealers in my area...in the Twin Cities, that's a limited number...so that I can borrow ukuleles and return them rather than receive them for review. That said, I'm sure I'll be buying at least 20 throughout the year for review purposes, and probably one more "big" purchase this year. I bought a Kanile'a at the end of 2020, so it will be a while before I'm ready for the next big purchase. Most of my purchases are low cost Amazon finds.

I'm also in the process of buying a set of 30 Aiersi Pineapples, which I liked so much, to sell at a local flea market later this year, as well as to put on local Facebook and Craigslist listings, for a small profit. I'll also have them to give away. I don't know if buying a set of ukuleles to resell counts, so I did not include those.

Oh...the first purchase of 2021 happened this evening. A subscriber to my channel sent me an e-mail to tell me about the Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Hour, a Hilo Concert that lists at $299 for $29. Yeah...the list price is nuts (elsewhere on the site it says $149), and it's probably the equivalent of a $60 Amazon ukulele. Still...not bad for $29, and it takes care of one of 52 weeks to try to fill with reviews this year.
    Really looking forward to the content. Any chance of a review of that Kanile'a?

I don't think Jerry has answered yet - I don't see anyone in the 21+ section....
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

I ticked, "None" - but I've been wrong before. Still, it's the second of January, already, and I haven't bought anything yet.

John Colter

Thread Information