Predict your 2021 UAS; how many will you buy?

How many will you buy?

• Total voters
I voted for "1-5" but, like others have stated, I hope to sell off more than I buy in 2021.

I voted 1-5. I have only 1 (a concert flea that I like), but would like a rebel mango tenor or anuenue bird - cedar or spruce, though I’ve been quite interested in Kamakas lately.

Last edited:
I've been on a downward trend from my peak 3 years ago (6-4-2) so I'm hoping that means zero this year as I currently don't want to sell any.

I voted "1-5" and have only 1 uke that I can see myself adding to compliment the others that I already have. I also have one uke that I will consider letting go, so possibly the sum will be zero.

One :)

It arrives Monday (Jan 4th)

A Ko'Aloha KSM-03 long neck pineapple soprano.
Thank you Mim ! ( BTW, she's closed that week for rest and inventory! )

One of the things I'm doing is reviewing ukuleles, hopefully in a different enough way from Barry's reviews to add some value in the ukulele community, albeit with my perspective as a teacher. That said, I've been working hard to establish some relationships with brands that have dealers in my area...in the Twin Cities, that's a limited number...so that I can borrow ukuleles and return them rather than receive them for review. That said, I'm sure I'll be buying at least 20 throughout the year for review purposes, and probably one more "big" purchase this year. I bought a Kanile'a at the end of 2020, so it will be a while before I'm ready for the next big purchase. Most of my purchases are low cost Amazon finds.

I'm also in the process of buying a set of 30 Aiersi Pineapples, which I liked so much, to sell at a local flea market later this year, as well as to put on local Facebook and Craigslist listings, for a small profit. I'll also have them to give away. I don't know if buying a set of ukuleles to resell counts, so I did not include those.

Oh...the first purchase of 2021 happened this evening. A subscriber to my channel sent me an e-mail to tell me about the Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Hour, a Hilo Concert that lists at $299 for $29. Yeah...the list price is nuts (elsewhere on the site it says $149), and it's probably the equivalent of a $60 Amazon ukulele. Still...not bad for $29, and it takes care of one of 52 weeks to try to fill with reviews this year.

Last edited:
One of the things I'm doing is reviewing ukuleles, hopefully in a different enough way from Barry's reviews to add some value in the ukulele community, albeit with my perspective as a teacher. That said, I've been working hard to establish some relationships with brands that have dealers in my area...in the Twin Cities, that's a limited number...so that I can borrow ukuleles and return them rather than receive them for review. That said, I'm sure I'll be buying at least 20 throughout the year for review purposes, and probably one more "big" purchase this year. I bought a Kanile'a at the end of 2020, so it will be a while before I'm ready for the next big purchase. Most of my purchases are low cost Amazon finds.

I'm also in the process of buying a set of 30 Aiersi Pineapples, which I liked so much, to sell at a local flea market later this year, as well as to put on local Facebook and Craigslist listings, for a small profit. I'll also have them to give away. I don't know if buying a set of ukuleles to resell counts, so I did not include those.

Oh...the first purchase of 2021 happened this evening. A subscriber to my channel sent me an e-mail to tell me about the Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Hour, a Hilo Concert that lists at $299 for $29. Yeah...the list price is nuts (elsewhere on the site it says $149), and it's probably the equivalent of a $60 Amazon ukulele. Still...not bad for $29, and it takes care of one of 52 weeks to try to fill with reviews this year.

Really looking forward to the content. Any chance of a review of that Kanile'a? :)

I ticked, "None" - but I've been wrong before. Still, it's the second of January, already, and I haven't bought anything yet.:cool:

John Colter

I just got a Kiwaya KTS-7 in October after giving my last uke, an LFDM tenor, to my wife. If Rick Turner starts building his Tenor Jumbos again I will get one. I have been waiting for him to do so for the last two years. Otherwise, no more ukes for me.

Really looking forward to the content. Any chance of a review of that Kanile'a? :)

This is a little off-topic for the thread, but...

It's coming...eventually. I hope this month. It's my own purchase, and I put my own purchases behind the instruments that are sent to me to review.

What I have found with the Kanile'a is that I can overdrive it...something I can't do with a KoAloha (Koa), which is my closest comparison. I feel very fortunate to have 2 of the three K brands (I don't know if I can count Ko'olau, as they focus so much on customs and guitars).

This is a little off-topic for the thread, but...

It's coming...eventually. I hope this month. It's my own purchase, and I put my own purchases behind the instruments that are sent to me to review.

Totally fair and I wouldn't expect anything else. Really excited for all the reviews you have planned. :)

Though I can admire the beauty of many, I don't need to own them. The last thing I need in my life is another chore, such as humidification on extra ukuleles.

One for sure: I have a Beansprout Alto build currently slated to be completed in March.

Possibly two, if Anuenue ever makes the UC10 available stateside-- because Blue Arona is BLUE.
(These were previously projected to be available in October. I know supply channels have gone sideways the world over, but am hoping for even a new made-up due date soon.)

~ S.

I'm going the opposite direction. I thought I hit my limit with 9 ukes, but only 8 will fit in my humidified display case, so I just sold one. mobdro

Regards, tubemate

Last edited:
I already have more than I can play so, unless one jumps out and bites me on the arse, zero new ukuleles and guitars shall be purchased in 2021. Well, I wouldn't mind a Baroque guitar since I sold my lute but they're hard to come by. Of course a cute requinto might entice me...

Top Bottom