Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photographs and Memories (Jim Croce)

Default Photographs and Memories (Jim Croce)

I dedicate this video to anyone who lost someone special this past year. Take care everybody and stay safe! Let's hope for the pandemic to end as soon as possible.

John,

Thanks for another great Jim Croce cover! Your style and his style really seem to mesh well. Happy New Year.

Bill

When I was about 5 years old, my brother had 3-4 albums (remember LP records?) that I used to listen to. There was Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies. Billy Joel Piano Man. Maybe one or two others. And... Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim. These songs are embedded in my 5-year-old brain.

This isn't a song that you hear very often any more. Great song! Thanks for sharing it.
    What could possibly go wrong?

Thanks for that, John. I still vividly remember when Jim and Maury died in the plane crash - I was in high school, and he was one of my favorite performers. The up-tempo stuff is terrific, but Time in a Bottle and Photographs and Memories are in my top 5 favorites of his.

My dad passed away in September at 92 years old; he and mom had been married 66 years, and mom just turned 85 this month. As I listened to you you play the song, they are what went through my mind - the pictures from my childhood, and helping them these last few years. And the final, bittersweet minor chord reminded me that there is more to come, as I help my mother through these next few years, while she prepares to depart this life.

-Kurt
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #460 &#412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

Am I done?

...Maybe?...

My YouTube Channel

Well done John, I love that song, great chords.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by BillM View Post
    John,

Thanks for another great Jim Croce cover! Your style and his style really seem to mesh well. Happy New Year.

Bill
    Thanks, Bill! I really appreciate it! Have a great 2021 as we slowly get back to normal!

Quote Originally Posted by LorenFL View Post
    When I was about 5 years old, my brother had 3-4 albums (remember LP records?) that I used to listen to. There was Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies. Billy Joel Piano Man. Maybe one or two others. And... Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim. These songs are embedded in my 5-year-old brain.

This isn't a song that you hear very often any more. Great song! Thanks for sharing it.
    Thanks, Loren! So many great songs from the 70's and Jim Croce was part of the soundtrack of my high school years! Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by ksiegel View Post
    Thanks for that, John. I still vividly remember when Jim and Maury died in the plane crash - I was in high school, and he was one of my favorite performers. The up-tempo stuff is terrific, but Time in a Bottle and Photographs and Memories are in my top 5 favorites of his.

My dad passed away in September at 92 years old; he and mom had been married 66 years, and mom just turned 85 this month. As I listened to you you play the song, they are what went through my mind - the pictures from my childhood, and helping them these last few years. And the final, bittersweet minor chord reminded me that there is more to come, as I help my mother through these next few years, while she prepares to depart this life.

-Kurt
    Hi, Kurt! Sorry to hear about your dad, may he rest in peace. I also lost my mom at the beginning of this year. I like to think they stay alive in our hearts and memories. You deserve a lot of credit for helping your mom during this time. Stay safe and positive, and take care! Happy New Year!
    Last edited by keonepax; 12-31-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Well done John, I love that song, great chords.
    Thanks, John! This song also features interesting changes in tempo. I love it! Happy New Year!

Really nice rendition, John! Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

Thread Information