Ukulele Related New Years Resolutions?

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
Is anyone making any ukulele related New Years Resolutions?

I'd like to approach my playing/practice time with a bit more focused intention, instead of just randomly doing things from day to day, but I don't really have a game plan yet.

I looked quickly at some possible online lessons, (Artist Works, James Hill, etc.), and still don't think that will hold my interest, so for now, the plan is to simply work on the music that does interest me. So, not much of a New Years resolution, I guess. :)

I thought about trying to sell a ukulele or 2, but don't have any I'm willing to part with for now, so that won't be a New Years Resolution either. LOL.

I have resolved to practice and perform more, with the ukes I already have, and not add any new ones to the herd! That isn't going to be easy, but I'm thinking that if I can quit drinking (going on 12 years now), I can quit acquiring ukuleles-- at least for the calendar year 2021! After that, well, maybe we'll see what happens... :rolleyes:

Happy New Year to everyone! I don't say it often enough, but this is a wonderful bunch of people, and kindness and mutual respect always seem to abound here!

Last edited:
I’ve had a very productive year performing and writing but I’m going back to studying jazz walking bass and bass clef reading. I fell in love with my Ubass and bass playing. It’s funny that studying and doing the exercises opens up my ears and I find myself writing again even though I don’t really want to. Lyle Ritz said to study and learn daily but then to also give yourself time to just let loose and play. Kind of seems to just happen.

Resolution: hits the books and practice.

Well, more playing, less shopping/buying immediately comes to mind, but I think I'm set for that one.

The most successful resolutions need to be specific though, so I should come up with something like learn a new song a week. Maybe I'll finally get through Choan's 50 miniature studies.

Top Bottom