Post your 2021 year goals!! Happy new year!!

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
1. Learn more songs
2. Come up with more arrangements, original or covers
3. Learn lap steel a bit more
4. Stretch goal, learn to use looper.

Promote album #8
Finish album #9
Pass 200 posts on Flukutronic channel

I have a lute- a -lele and an 8 string. I want to play them more. Maybe actually get up and play for some people. Maybe.

I've been working on moving all over the fretboard using pentatonic scales and modes of the harmonic minor. My goal is to become more fluid so that i can express whatever I want to.

Learn recording and production skills, so EQ and compression doesnt just ruin the sound.

Practice multi track recording, to improve my timing. That might help me if some day I find some fools who will play live with me.

Develop a repertoire that I can actually play on demand, if someone want to hear what I spend all that time on. Too often I just learn songs and then forget them.

Play music everyday, which is what I pretty much did this last year. Ukulele, piano, and classical guitar.

1) become gainfully employed again.
2) play with other people again.
3) Start performing in public again.

Take a music composition class.
Put together a little band.

I really want to learn more music theory and learn about what I'm playing and not just copy and play. Also have the fret board memorised.
Would also like to work on improving my singing.

Happy New Year everyone! :)

Last edited:
1) Re my ukes...love the one you're with, stop looking for more
2) Revisit and document the many Seasons songs I've done, and already forgotten
3) Practice more with pickup equipped ukes and mic into my Fishman Loudbox Mini amp
4) Get more fluent with loopers, to aid in practice and self-jamming

My main ukulele goal for 2021 is the same goal I have for everything else: Keep Learning!
My only specific ukulele goal is to sell 6 and buy 3. I've had this same goal for a while now and I'm really good at overdoing the second part and not doing the first :) .
Happy New Year!

Lose some weight, do more walking, cease buying ukuleles. Sounds simple, but it ain't!

John Colter

Goal accomplished! Been putting off a string change for a long time, and got it done today. :)

1. Practice more
2. Start writing again
3. Finish my first video course
4. Decide on/arrange five new Hawaiian songs for an album
5. Finish the fence around my property

Start jamming with friends again.

Zoom makes that easy. We have people from all over the country and occasionally Canada join us on Saturday afternoons. If you want to send me a PM with your email address, I'll see to it that you're added to our mailing list.

Top Bottom