Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baritone uke string recs?

Cool Baritone uke string recs?

Hi! I'm looking for some new strings for my bari uke (it's been 2 years since I last changed them XD) but am a little clueless as to where to go, what to look for etc...
    I play a Caramel uke with a Rosewood body if that helps. And I'm based in the UK so ideally ones that don't cost an arm and a foot to ship!

Presuming that you are tuning DGBE, this is a reliable set that I have always liked:

D'Addario EJ88B Nyltech Baritone Ukulele Strings

-Wiggy

If you're looking for wound 3&4. I use Thomastik-Infeld CF35 for D,CF30 for G, with Savarez KF543R for the B and KF542R for the E.

Thanks for the recommendations! I've not had a great experience with D'addario on guitar - I found the sound a little too tinny for my liking. Do you reckon uke would be much different?
    And as for the Thomastik-Infield/Savarez strings - are they the ones for guitar? Just want to make sure I'm looking at the right ones!
    Also idk if any ball-end strings for bari exist? My uke has pins in the bridge like a guitar and my knots are rubbish XD

I use Worth Brown

Try some Living Waters from Ken Middleton, he is in the UK, so your shipping will be reasonable.
    Keep Strummin'

I use Martin Baritone Flourocarbon set, A620 I think. Two wound. Two u wound.

Quote Originally Posted by SailingUke View Post
    Try some Living Waters from Ken Middleton, he is in the UK, so your shipping will be reasonable.
    I like these too.

I have always used classical guitar strings. The last set I bought were Ernie Ball, IIRC. They were ball ended, I think, but I have slept since then so I don't remember.

Yes, you are using guitar stings for the bari. the CF 35 is a guitar A string, CF30 is the D string for the guitar. And, the Savarex used for the B&E are actually a guitar G and B string. Works great. The closest to Southcoast strings we've found so far.

Thread Information