Season 464 - Birthday Honours

Hey! I finally managed to record an old song of mine I had not found a theme for in previous seasons. Yes!

Here is one of my favourite self-penned songs from 1985 when I was a semi-pro folk singer. It explores that moment every performer dreads, when your memory just blocks and you can't remember the words you are supposed to be singing. That's why I always have my lyrics with me these days. I am sure many of you will be able to sympathise with my narrator on this one:

I had actually done 15 takes of this which fizzled out before getting safely to the end of this one. Only to discover (as I started editing it) that in this take I had forgotten to change "guitar" to "uke" in my opening verse. Oh well, so it goes! It is a Ukulele I am playing after all, albeit an 8 stringed one.

PS the sweater is the one Carmen gave me for Xmas. I think it's very me!

Last edited:
Right, after a busy day yesterday I am all caught up now and boy did you guys bring it! We've had some great stuff this week, hopefully get a couple more in before tomorrow!

Here is a Van Morrison song for you.

I covered it before, but that was on my old channel and without the bass in there. Sorry there are no good shots og the uke, had to aim it at the microphone. But there is an ukulele in there!

Trying to play the fills I thought I knew to a clicktrack made me realize that I had a lot to learn. I still have. The timing gets a little better by the end of the video compared to the start.

One more Bowie for the week. Had to shake the dust off my concert size to give my fretting fingers a bit more room. Thanks for hosting Ryan, and HBD again.

I wanted to try my hand at the Lonely Goatherd… but it was beyond me this week!
So, here is another from Dame Julie Andrews - Something Good.

Right, Season 464 is officially closed! No prizes this time around but I will be along with a bit of a wrap later on.

I hoped I could do one this week. The new lockdown and having everybody around the house 24/7 made it impossible. I did manage to listen to the playlist, and I hope that my selection for the 'Birthday Honours' will take its second chance on Kevin's playlist this week.
Thanks, Ryan, for persevering with your host duties when the government dropped that instantaneous lockdown on the whole of England! You're a star :)

I hoped I could do one this week. The new lockdown and having everybody around the house 24/7 made it impossible. I did manage to listen to the playlist, and I hope that my selection for the 'Birthday Honours' will take its second chance on Kevin's playlist this week.
Thanks, Ryan, for persevering with your host duties when the government dropped that instantaneous lockdown on the whole of England! You're a star :)

Top Bottom