Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 464 - Birthday Honours

Don't need much of an excuse to play this one, I'm pretty sure I've done it before with some help from a little birdie, must be almost 5 years ago though.
    Last edited by NotAnotherLinda; 01-05-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAnotherLinda View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've done it before with some help from a little birdie, must be almost 5 years ago though.
    happy days! makes you realise how long we've been at this uke-ing lark! i got my first uke in 2012 and joined the seasons the following year. time flies when you're plinking!

here's another cover of an original song by ryan. well, mebbe it's as much of a response song, as a cover, i've mangled the lyrics of his song a bit. in ryan's original, the song protagonist is having to listen to a never ending stream of blah, my song adapts the lyrics a bit so that it's all from the blah-er's perspective. i'm imaging someone who's been listening to a shed load of hawkwind, perhaps just splurged on a bunch of hawkwind vinyl, and who thinks streams of consciousness are, like, really cool, man. i dunno who this person could possibly be, but they look a lot like me

"stream of consciousness II"

ryan's wonderful original is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAxtsdyWOm4
    lynda

acid skiffle

Happy belated wishes, Ryan!

Ryan, can I get a ruling please on whether all or only some of the Orders are fair game, as well as members who might not be on either of the lists to which you linked? For example, both George Harrison and John Lennon are members of the Order MBE, but are not listed.

Thanks, and happy birthday again.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    Ryan, can I get a ruling please on whether all or only some of the Orders are fair game, as well as members who might not be on either of the lists to which you linked? For example, both George Harrison and John Lennon are members of the Order MBE, but are not listed.

Thanks, and happy birthday again.
    Considering the list of knights and dames isn't as big as I was hoping, I'll say yes. I'll also include it to stage names too. So the esteemed and honourable Sir Mixalot and Screaming Lord Sutch would be allowed for example. And anything played on a Squier

I'm gonna be a bit lax in responding to videos today I'm afraid. Boris Johnson has given me a lot to sort out this morning on top of a return to work. But I'll try and keep the playlist up to date at least
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

A classic tune by Sir Ray Davies, also covered beautifully by Kirsty MacColl.

I'd forgotten Ray Davies had been knighted until I saw the list on Wikipedia.
    - Edwin

I wanted to get this one in before anyone else. Seems to be a good one for the uke.

Liz

Ohana Tenor TK50 MG - solid cedar top
    Red Soprano Mahalo
    Kala Waterman
    Green Kala KA-CEM Exotic Mahogany Concert (Low G)
    Purple Bugsgear Soprano
    Tan Bruko Soprano

Cheers for hosting Ryan! And a belated happy birthday to you!
    Here’s an original for the Season. Bari uke, bit of keyboards stuff, some rhythm and vocal harmonies too.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

a homemade birthday song for our esteemed host...

lynda

acid skiffle

A Ray Davies. I remember this being used to great effect over the closing credits of a Sopranos episode.

Thread Information