Season 464 - Birthday Honours

RAB11

Reaction score
Evening all, I'm going to keep this one brief for now, flesh the thing out in the morning.

It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm gonna go a bit less morbid than the birthday theme I did last year. This year is all about the Honours List, which the 'Queen' (actually Parliament) brings out on her official birthday as well as new year to recognise contributions made by certain people to society by giving them an honourary title. A lot of these go to 'normal' people but inevitably there are a few famous faces in there, and naturally musicians come up too. Because my birthday is so close to the new year I thought it fit well.

So task number one is to play a song by any musical knight or dame. Official lists can be found here and here

Task two is a bit indulgent. Either do me the honour (see what I did there?) of playing one of my songs
which can be found here or a song I played since my last birthday 140 potential options here

Finally, songwriters have a free run this week. Finish up your latest masterpiece and bring it here.

PLAYLIST

Everything starts midnight Hawaii time so male sure you do Brian's season justice first. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! Mine is in three weeks! :rock:

oh my gosh, might i be first to post a vid??? :eek:

oh mebbe not! :rolleyes:

here's a cover of a fab song that ryan wrote for my hawkwind :rock: season...

"uke goddess"

Last edited:
Woooooooow David Bowie and a cover of one of my songs, could not have asked for a better start to my birthday. Thank you everyone for all the wishes too!

Playlist is now live.

Happy Birthday Ryan!

I had no idea that Olivia Newton-John had been made a Dame, but heck, she deserves it just for getting into those leather trousers.

Great theme Ryan and it just fits a song I wanted to work on, so looks like I will be back this season :)

PS. Happy Birthday!

Ahoy and happy new year everybody.
Happy Birthday Ryan. I did a rendition of one of your songs in honour of your birthday.

For Season of the Ukulele 464, here's "The Man who Sold the World" by David Bowie (played by Ryan last January for Season 412). Concert ukulele with singing, overdubs of Ashbory Ubass, fuzz ukulele, and secondary vocal.

I hope you have a boffo birthday, Ryan!

Happy Birthday mate, I'm all out of masterpieces so you'll have to make do with this soppy love song that I finished off today.

Happy Birthday Ryan old chap! Hope you had a great day. Here's one from Rod The Mod. Off one Every Picture Tells a Story. Mandolin Wind.

Top Bottom