50795698721_e4ff407461_k.jpg
[/url]IMG_2872 by Beau Hannam, on Flickr[/IMG]

50794951398_1b7ed9a8ae_k.jpg
[/url]IMG_2873 by Beau Hannam, on Flickr[/IMG]

50795821652_523d3fce3a_k.jpg
[/url]IMG_2880 by Beau Hannam, on Flickr[/IMG]

50795821492_7b17df5e69_k.jpg
[/url]IMG_2883 by Beau Hannam, on Flickr[/IMG]

Maple, good, I was wondering what the neck was. Lovely piece of Walnut too!

Oh my word, that is simply stunning. The owner of this one is so lucky.

Holy sh--!

I think I could afford....

the strings....

OMG.

Wow, unbelievably BEAUtiful! Congratulations and Happy New Year, Braddah Len! :shaka:

I am the same as everyone else...at a bit of a loss for words at first but compelled to remark on the artistry, the craft, of the design and build materials. And we all know that is sounds and plays beautifully. Congratulations to the builder and the player of this art museum quality instrument. Guess I wasn’t really at a loss for words. Ha! Thanks for the photos!

Truly an amazing instrument. Congratulations to Len and Beau.

Beau your skill and artistry continually advance. Thanks for pictures.

This ukulele is absolutely Beau-tiful!

It appears from one of the photos in comment #24 that the nut slots for the C and E string are not straight but instead curve slightly toward the strings' respective tuning pegs. Beau, am I correct, or is that just my eyes deceiving me based on the way the nut was photographed?

On a not-so-humble-brag note, I'm glad I suggested to Len that it would be cool if the inlay incorporated the dark grain strand that runs through the headplate. (I thought it would add dimension to the headplate wood.) Beau, you did a great job turning that grain strand into a stem around which the vine in the inlay winds.

Last edited:

It appears from one of the photos in comment #24 that the nut slots for the C and E string are not straight but instead curve slightly toward the strings' respective tuning pegs. Beau, am I correct, or is that just my eyes deceiving me based on the way the nut was photographed?

Yes, I "trumpet" out my nut slots like in this pic, (which is from this website link below)- this is to minimise string friction in the nut slot.

picard.horn.4.jpg

I have recorded a Youtube video on this but haven't released it yet.

http://www.lutherie.net/nuts.html

On a not-so-humble-brag note, I'm glad I suggested to Len that it would be cool if the inlay incorporated the dark grain strand that runs through the headplate. (I thought it would add dimension to the headplate wood.) Beau, you did a great job turning that grain strand into a stem around which the vine in the inlay winds.
Thanks Mark yes you gave me great input on the headstock and Beau designed a beautiful headstock with true meanings for me "The Daffodil" symbolizes Rebirth and New Beginnings and for those touched by cancer:Hope for a cancer free future....Mahalo Beau and Mark

Last edited:
Thanks Mark yes you gave me great input on the headstock and Beau designed a beautiful headstock with true meanings for me "The Daffodil" symbolizes Rebirth and New Beginnings and for those touched by cancer:Hope for a cancer free future....Mahalo Beau and Mark

It's also the national flower of Wales :)

Top Bottom