Godin Multiuke-Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziret

Reaction score
Godin Multiuke-solid Koa top

A friend asked me to sell this for her. When I opened it, I wished I was interested in playing amplified. It's gorgeous, with a solid koa top. She bought it in a burst of enthusiasm after attending a concert where someone played one and then discovered it was set up for reentrant, which isn't her thing. She did play it about ten times, she says.

There appear to be some very fine scratches on the back, maybe from buttons or a zipper on a shirt, or maybe from the strap she kept on it in the case. They look like they will buff out, but I can't guarantee it. Also, the paint on one of the screws has been sort of worn off or scratched. I think both these things show in the photos. I took the strap out of the inside of the case and put it in the pocket.

The plastic protective film is still on the round disk, and that's why it looks how it does.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RwasB1FxATA7Ya9n6" target="_blank">https://photos.app.goo.gl/RwasB1FxATA7Ya9n6

She'd like $800 plus shipping.

New lower price $750 including shipping to lower 48. Other locations negotiable.

The private messaging system is cutting off all my messages. If you are interested in this, please send me an email. terizipf at gmail

Last edited:
Why wouldn't she change the strings to low G? That can be certainly be done. I bought a burst Godin MultiUke here a few years ago that had low G strings, I changed them to reentrant. There's misinformation out there that these ukes can only use one type of string, NOT true.

Godin Multiuke sunburst mine 843.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 38)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I don’t know why she didn’t do that. I assumed she was concerned that it wouldn’t work with the electronics. I think she mentioned talking to HMS about it. Really don’t know.

Someone asked me if the top is solid. Does anyone know? I couldn’t find it on the Godin website.

Great Chambered Solid Electric Ukulele.

HMS Description was that the Godin Multiuke is a "Chambered Mahogany Body" with a "Solid Cedar [Spruce, Koa] Top." I have a cedar (natural) topped Multiuke.

My understanding is that it has a solid mahogany body routed out to fit the electronics plus added some voids to enhance the sound. Which is why it sounds pretty good when played un-amplified.

Since the uke's four pickups are not electro-magnetic you can use your choice of Nylon or Fluorocarbon strings on it. The Godin branded strings they sell are, last I heard, rebranded D'addario Titanium tenor fluorocarbons.

They are excellent electric ukuleles. With one of the most comfortable necks I've played. I've been told by those who know electric guitars and ukuleles that the neck is very fast with a low action and perfect intonation. Joel from HMS said he didn't have to do a thing to set up my Godin. It was spot on from the factory.

You cannot adjust the four metal combination saddle/pickups on the uke. Which may be why there is some confusion about strings.

I don't know anyone who has tried wound strings on it, but I suppose you could.

Last edited:
How old is this one? Got from HMS?
I’ll ask.

She says she bought it about five years ago directly from Godin. She is contacting them whether it was solid top. I’ll let you know when I find out

Last edited:
When I tried to look at the photos I got a message that the album was empty. Anyone else have this issue?
I’ll see if I can figure out the problem. I can also email them to you, if you’re interested.

------------------------

OK, I think that's fixed. If anyone is still having a problem, please let me know.

Last edited:
She checked with Godin, and it is solid koa. I'll update the description. Thanks for asking.

New price! $800 including shipping to lower 48. Other locations negotiable.

New lower price $750 including shipping to lower 48. Other locations negotiable. Let's get this out of my house.

I don't think that is Koa. I seriously considered one of these when they came out. This looks like the spruce top one.

I don't think that is Koa. I seriously considered one of these when they came out. This looks like the spruce top one.

It’s not only koa, it’s flamey, tiger stripe koa. I’ve never seen spruce like that. But if any potential buyer needs proof besides their eyes, I can provide that from Godin. The wood is stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom